webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > To future app developers of web os
To future app developers of web os

Old 06/23/2009, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

I recently discovered that the infamous PALM PRE' who's in competition with the Iphone 3g and 3g S doesn't have a video camera..In my opinion the Pre has won me over in general because of its style and simply unlimited plan with SPRINT however i didn't purchase the Pre yet. Before I do i wanted to get the word out to anyone who did not kno there wasn't a video camera on the palm pre i would like to encourage any potential developers to make a video cam app that can merge with the already existing videos app on the phone

PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU KNOW OTHER WISE
tje007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 12:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

The video camera is rumored to come out with an OS upgrade by the end of the summer... Nothing a little search couldn't tell you .

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
If you have an iTouch click me.
Eguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Spazo
Old 06/23/2009, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tje007 View Post
Lol, what the hell. You guys never cease to surprise me..
bruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 12:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

http://forums.precentral.net/search.php
cdawg62184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Spazo
Old 06/23/2009, 02:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

And just how long and how many models did it take the Iphone to get a video camera? we know it's in the works.
kinster02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 03:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
And just how long and how many models did it take the Iphone to get a video camera? we know it's in the works.
Lucky for us Palm is not a dictatorship and will include video recording in their first model .

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
If you have an iTouch click me.
Eguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 03:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

the pre will have a video camera if not by palm im sure a third party will do it.
twizted25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 03:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

is a camera that important??

i mean its a nice feature but its not crucial or something...
diyeiogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 06:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
is a camera that important??

i mean its a nice feature but its not crucial or something...
Agreed as far as the statement goes. However the Palm Pre is supposed to be the device that is synergistic and basically allows for 1 device to do everything for you. To some extent anyway. =)
Smubeht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 07:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

troll
ronlongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 08:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Do people really use their phone to record stuff, I mean I have had multiple phones that could record and never did one single thing with the video camera.
dkotoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 08:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yea some people do use it to record stuff. I did so all the time with my centro, mostly for video text messages. It's quite fun really. But I'm patient with the Pre, since it's pretty much guaranteed we'll get videorecording in the coming months.
napilopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 08:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

I've used the video on my centro once. at the office getting some comical moments involving a tricycle and active insufficiency....

but yeah it would def. not be a problem for me if it wasn't even included at all, much less just having to wait for an update.

OP, now go start a thread about a virtual keyboard.

then maybe one about how there's like Only 30 apps or something

LOL sometimes threads like this are funny..... sometimes
kevhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 08:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

To split hairs a bit, technically, the Pre does have a video camera. We currently do not have video recording software. The closest we can get at the moment is the continuous still captures by holding the SPACE bar while in Camera mode.

I would imagine video capture requires low level API support which may not be finalized at this time. Of course, there is a rumor Palm is holding out for the SDK release. ???
chodaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 09:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

Anyone else find giant letters to be annoying?
ronlongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 09:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I recently discovered that the infamous PALM PRE' who's in competition with the Iphone 3g and 3g S doesn't have a video camera..In my opinion the Pre has won me over in general because of its style and simply unlimited plan with SPRINT however i didn't purchase the Pre yet. Before I do i wanted to get the word out to anyone who did not kno there wasn't a video camera on the palm pre i would like to encourage any potential developers to make a video cam app that can merge with the already existing videos app on the phone

EPIC FAIL AT FORUM SEARCHING

Sorry ronlongo had to be done.
mrloserpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 10:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Personally, I think all of you were entirely too hard on tje007.

tje007
Thank you for your keen observation. There have been about 100,000 - 150,000 purchasers of the Pre, and you zoomed right in (no pun intended) on a glaring omission that the rest of us seem to have somehow missed.

I'm glad you brought this to the attention of developers, and I'm reasonably sure that now that you have their attention, they will get right on that for you.

And, while you're at it, would you do me a favor? I've noticed another glaring mistake - the green phone pad. I don't like green. Will you get them to change that while they're working on your request.

You might also mention it to the folks here at Pre-Central too. They seemed to have jumped on the green bandwagon as well.

And please, don't let these other folks discourage you. Some of them have waited months, even years for this device, then spent hours working through bugs in the way things are supposed to work. In some cases they even worked with Palm to pinpoint some of the bugs. They're just grumpy that while they've wasted their time as early adopters, you were smart enough not to buy, and point out an issue that's working as currently designed.

Please, don't let them, or the published promises from Palm dissuade you - continue to look for developers to fix this glaring problem.

And don't foget the green thing too.
hparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 10:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
anyone else find giant letters to be annoying?
no. do you?

Last edited by Spazo; 06/23/2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: I can't find the BBCode for the flash. And now I'm bored with this thread.
Spazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 10:37 AM   #19 (permalink)

First post and ... really ... annoying.

Perhaps the mods should institute a new rule ...

Threads started by new users should be reviewed by a mod before allowing it to be posted.

Just my 2 cents to resolve these ridiculous threads! Another one to the "ignore" list. Oh well.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
tjd414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by mrloserpunk, Spazo
Old 06/23/2009, 10:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
Anyone else find giant letters to be annoying?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
no. do you?
Can't you make those flash also
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0