webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Flightview users?
Flightview users?

Old 06/22/2009, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

I used flightview yesterday to track my two flights. I noticed that after I used the flightview feature called Add Calendar Event for the first leg, it would not let me add the second leg to the Calendar until after the first had expired. Anyone else try this?
dvdmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Are you saying you were trying to change it DURING the first leg? I've used it a couple of times now, and was able to add both legs of a trip to my calendar ahead of time.
GMoney749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

No, I was just trying to add both legs to my calendar. It would only take the first one. It was hours before either flight.
dvdmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is there any support for private aircraft? I haven't found a way to put in a tail number.
Mach30SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 01:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach30SiR View Post
Is there any support for private aircraft? I haven't found a way to put in a tail number.
bling bling

I dont think there is.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 01:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Its nice, but I'm in the wrong seat (Front instead of back)

It would be nice if they did, until then guess i'll have to bookmark www{dot}flightaware[dot]com
Old 06/22/2009, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

I entered 4 flights yesterday. After I added a calendar event for one of them (the second, I think) it wouldn't allow me to add any more calendar events. But after I quit the app and returned it allowed me to add the other three with no issues.

I think it's just a flaky bug.
Puzzlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
I entered 4 flights yesterday. After I added a calendar event for one of them (the second, I think) it wouldn't allow me to add any more calendar events. But after I quit the app and returned it allowed me to add the other three with no issues.

I think it's just a flaky bug.
Same issue and result here.
yankees368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 02:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ya, this is a bug. However, all you have to do is close it and open it up again to add the others. If that doesn't try it a one or twice more.
Old 06/22/2009, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

This program is useless for me without this... I dont see how you release a flight program that can't pull up filed flight plans based on tail number.
rmp459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp459 View Post
This program is useless for me without this... I dont see how you release a flight program that can't pull up filed flight plans based on tail number.
Ah, Gee, I dont know
Maybe because less than .001% of the population would need that feature and it would quadruple the programing code needed and the development time. Nah that can't be it.

I always have a problem with Splash Money not being able to track my accounts that are in the billions. Dam software only goes up to the millions. Its completely useless for me without this.
Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
RC46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 05:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
..because 99% of the market for this program is regular people in the airport flying on commercial flights or friends/family of these people picking them up.
ryleyinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 05:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Uhhh... Does the actual FlightView website even offer this kind of stuff?
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 06:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
Same issue and result here.
Ditto for me.
Old 06/23/2009, 04:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

FlightAware - Free Flight Tracker - IFR Flight Status, Tracking, History, Maps does. I dont see why this site can't incorporate it.
Old 06/23/2009, 10:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

I was tracking an international flight yesterday and it defaults to entering flight number, but you can depress it to enter letters and numbers. The only thing is it says gate d4 but the person was in gate E. Where does it pull this information from.
nxp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 10:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
FlightAware - Free Flight Tracker - IFR Flight Status, Tracking, History, Maps does. I dont see why this site can't incorporate it.
Last I checked FlightAware isn't FlightView.

Not a limitation of the app, but rather the developer's own site and database. I suggest you contact them directly, it's not their fault their Pre app can't provide a service their own full site doesn't offer.
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2009, 04:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'm also having problems with adding flights into calendar. It would show message that it was added, but in the calendar it would let me view that flight date.
miles4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 02:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

Has anyone gotten flight info for Jetblue to update? A flight I was tracking was cancelled, and the app never updated. Grr.
yankees368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2009, 10:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

Why not just make a bookmark for Flightaware? I'm a pilot and sometimes want to check on a specific tailnumber, but I can see how the developers of the app wouldn't much care about a guy like me.....I mean it's geared to business travelers.

I'll just have to get my revenge by buzzing the developer's house.......
byronchildress is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0