Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else been disappointed in the Upload to Facebook option for photos taken on the Pre? I did a couple this weekend and really wished there were a way to type in some notes along with the photo.

It seems that a function so built in the Pre, FACEBOOK, would have more functionality.

Just really starting to be disappointed in the integration of Facebook, or the lack thereof.

JD
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    A custom Facebook app is on the way for webOS. The Pre is a pretty good phone just waiting for the apps that can make it legendary. Just gotta be patient. If you don't want to be patient you can return the Pre; I'm thinking about returning it and buying a new phone w/o contract off ebay: maybe a Palm Treo Pro.
    It'd be nice to be able to add the caption during upload; however, you can add a caption immediately afterwards by using the web browser.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Yeah hopefully the soon to come facebook app will let us add captions and tag all those friends we have in our contact list that syncs with facebook.
    I know its not what we want, but for now you can enable the mobile phone for facebook and then you can send the photo as an email from the pre and the subject line is what will show as the caption.

"Go to the Mobile Uploads tab of the Mobile page.
    Send photos from your camera phone as a multimedia message to mobile -at- facebook -dot- com . To add a photo caption, just include it as the subject line in your message. "
    Quote Originally Posted by austicke View Post
    It'd be nice to be able to add the caption during upload; however, you can add a caption immediately afterwards by using the web browser.
    Yeah, I was pretty surprised this wasn't built-in functionality; I've ended up doing just what you said and quickly switching over to a browser and editing the image.
    Quote Originally Posted by tagz View Post
    I know its not what we want, but for now you can enable the mobile phone for facebook and then you can send the photo as an email from the pre and the subject line is what will show as the caption.

Send photos from your camera phone as a multimedia message to mobile -at- facebook -dot- com . To add a photo caption, just include it as the subject line in your message. "
    I send through Picturemail all the time on my Treo even though there's a Facebook app. I know that uploading with no caption was a problem on the Instinct too.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  8.    #8  

I didn't know about the subject line being the caption, great info.

That doesnt work anymore, it worked on the treos but not the Pre. There isnt even a "subject" line for the pre, unless I am missing something. The only place you can type anythign is in the "message" section and facebook does not pick that up
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    That doesnt work anymore, it worked on the treos but not the Pre. There isnt even a "subject" line for the pre, unless I am missing something. The only place you can type anythign is in the "message" section and facebook does not pick that up
    Are you saying that there's no subject for MMS at all?
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/23/2009 at 07:10 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Are you saying that there's no subject for MMS at all?
    Does not appear to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    Does not appear to be.
    but but but, he was talking about sending it as an email message, not mms.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    but but but, he was talking about sending it as an email message, not mms.
    I never tried sending through an email. Facebook mobile says to use mms to send a pic to an email address. It might not work through an email because it's linked with your phone's number.

If you send it as an email, here is the reply you will get:
    You have uploaded from an unrecognized or unsupported address. If you are sending from a phone, your carrier may not be recognized by Facebook.
    you can send it as email but need to go to facebook.com/mobile and do the activation jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    you can send it as email but need to go to facebook.com/mobile and do the activation jazz
    Are you sure because it's specifically says MMS there:
    "Upload Photos
    Send photos and videos straight to Facebook from your phone by sending an MMS to:
    mobile@facebook.com"

I noticed this yesterday when I logged into m.facebook.com on my Treo 755p. I got a notice that, along with MMS, you can send photos and videos (doesn't apply to the Pre. ) via email now to an address ending in @m.facebook.com. It appears to be a random address assigned to your account. To see what it is go to Facebook Mobile. Since it appears to be that there is no subject line when sending an MMS message on the Pre, this looks like the way to go.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 07/16/2009 at 09:01 PM.

It's a nice feature that allows you to set the picture caption (the subject of the email).

The direct link: h t t p : / / m.facebook.com/upload.php <grr, won't let me post it>
    How do we think the facebook app can possibly do photo upload when there is no file uploader in the sdk from what i understand, thus why we can't do it in the twitter apps.
    havent really used it much
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast