webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Pre app updates
Pre app updates

Old 06/21/2009, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

What's the best way to check for app udpates? When I used the updater, it only updates webos it seems. I've been going to the app catalog app, selecting browse newest, and looking for the little updated icon - but that won't scale well with more and more apps.

Thanks.
ormandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

The updater should update your apps as well
gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

The updater always tells me if the apps I have installed have updates. If there is an OS update, it takes precedent and you may not see app udpates until after you apply the OS update (don't know for certain because I always update OS).

In the two weeks I have had the Pre, I have received several app updates thru the update icon.
Loolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
The updater should update your apps as well

It does not seem to be. I did the 1.0.3 update, but still had to update accuweather, fandango, etc. :/
ormandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

It works that way. When you run the updater program, it searches your phone for updates to your applications as well. You must be doing something wrong.
storino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
It does not seem to be. I did the 1.0.3 update, but still had to update accuweather, fandango, etc. :/
Mine behaves the same way. It only shows the WebOS updates (updated to 1.03), but does not show updates for installed apps. Anyone else have this issue?
skado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormandj View Post
The WebOS and Application updates are separate. By updating WebOS you are not also updating all the apps.
sam1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
It works that way. When you run the updater program, it searches your phone for updates to your applications as well. You must be doing something wrong.
Mine actually did it in a two-step process. I went to Updates yesterday and it updated me to 1.0.3 only. I went to Updates again immediately afterward and it gave me the update to Fandango.

It may view the OS updates as higher priority and, since it needs to reboot, does those first.
groovy is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0