webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Calendar app not giving notifications??
Calendar app not giving notifications??

Old 06/21/2009, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

No audio cue, no pop up at the bottom of the screen, nothing. I do have notifications turned on. i know it worked a few days ago, I wonder if 1.03 could be the culprit?

Anyone else having a problem?

Last edited by AdmiralViscen; 06/21/2009 at 01:40 PM.
admiralviscen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

i just installed the update...havent noticed.
let me do a test
Stay Suh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just tried one and the reminder did not come through. Definitely had reminders before 1.03. I'll try another one.
Old 06/21/2009, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't get reminders for my public calendars on Google (such as the US Holidays one). It'd be nice if I could pick and choose which public calendars to set as default.

My private Google Calendar does reminders fine.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 01:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yep, I get notices. What happened to me was I have changed Exchange hosts and my Exchange account was added as the "second" account and my Google account was the primary (I only use GMail - no other Google apps). I changed the primary calendar back to Exchange and did another test and got a reminder for the meeting I set up at 2:00.
Old 06/21/2009, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

I only use the palm calendar though. Any ideas?
Old 06/21/2009, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

I really depended on this app with my Centro, this sucks.
Old 06/22/2009, 06:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
I only use the palm calendar though. Any ideas?
Check your calendar events in question and make sure there is a reminder set.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
Palm Pre wallpapers
NachoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 07:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mine come through fine. Make sure you have reminders set for the events by checking them. Also create a couple of new ones.
Aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 07:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

I'm not doing anything differently than I was last week. Reminders are set for 5 minutes before the event. Audio toggle is turned to ON in preferences.

I've created a dozen new ones in the last 24 hours.
Old 06/22/2009, 08:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Must be a bug in 1.0.3. I created a calendar event to my Palm profile and did not get any alerts.
All other calendar events (Google and Exchange) are working as expected.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
Palm Pre wallpapers
NachoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 08:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

I don't get an alert in the bottom info bar thingy either. Is there any normal option that would allow me to disable that? It has to be a glitch right?
Old 06/22/2009, 09:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

I set up a Google Calendar account just to try to save this function. Set a test event for 10:30 on my PC. Synced it to my phone successfully. 10:25, no alert for an event starting at 10:30. No sound, no on-screen note.
Old 06/22/2009, 11:02 AM   #14 (permalink)

i'm not getting any notices either with the calendar!
glad its not just me. but i just did the new update, so maybe it works now.
i;ll have to try a new entry.
tosan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 06:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

this has been a bug since 1.0 software. I hope that Palm fixes it soon as I depend on my calendar reminders. I use Exchange and I have an reminder for an item at 5pm each day and it never goes off. I have my Exchange account set as primary in calendar and there is nothing wrong with the event as it goes off everyday on my computer and iphone, but never on the Pre. Other calendar reminders I have go off without any problem. I have also tried recreating the event on the Pre itself and still no dice. PALM PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
jameskk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 06:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

It worked for me before, every day. I get emails from google to remind me of things I put into the palm. Sync works...
Old 06/22/2009, 08:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

OK, we can definitely rule out user error.

I had an alert set for 5 minutes before an appointment from 8-9 tonight. Nothing happened at 7:55. At 8:53 the phone slowed to a crawl for a few seconds, then suddenly the full alert, with sound, appeared on my screen. I cleared it out. About 10 seconds later, an alert from 1pm also came up.
Old 06/22/2009, 09:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

yep. this happened to me as well. I set an appt for 11am with a 30-minute reminder. It sync'd up with my gcal no problem pretty quickly. 10:30 rolled around .... nothing. At 10:53, I edited the calendar entry to change the reminder to 5 minutes, and two minutes later, it reminded me just like it was supposed to.
jhindmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 09:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

That's interesting.

I was using Palm calendar info, I deleted my google calendar account after the tests failed.
Old 06/24/2009, 09:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'm also having this issue. If I create an event now, for this time it notifies me. Any event in the future, nothing. It was working for me before 1.0.3.

I just created an event from 7-8 (it's 7:30 now) it reminded me instantly, then I clicked dismiss, and it reminded me two more times within 10 seconds of each other.
jamiehs is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0