Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got really excited when evernote was released, because the built-in memo app is so weak, and so far, Word docs are view-only. I dutifully posrted over all my POS memos.

...but at least so far, it isn't working for me. It's slow to load, slow to search. But the fatal flaw is that it's totally uselss if you don't currently have a good network connection. Basically, I can't count on having access to my notes.
    That's why I deleted it as well.

I was all "oooh, this is awesome!" until I went "Hmm, I wonder how well it works offline," put my Pre in airplane mode, and found it doesn't work at all.

"Completely useless" was my immediate declaration, and I deleted it from the device.

An app like Evernote, but with proper local caching of all data, would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    That's why I deleted it as well.

I was all "oooh, this is awesome!" until I went "Hmm, I wonder how well it works offline," put my Pre in airplane mode, and found it doesn't work at all.

"Completely useless" was my immediate declaration, and I deleted it from the device.

An app like Evernote, but with proper local caching of all data, would be awesome.
    Yep. I was a faithful 2.2 user and still am, this 3.x stuff is where Evernote jumped the shark. Cloud sync is nice, but you don't make it the cornerstone of your product, especially when you REMOVE useful stuff.
    Does anyone know if Evernote supports local cache on other mobile platforms, like blackberry, windows, iphone? Perhaps it is coming to WebOS in a future upgrade.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    I love evernote but the pre client is not working out that well for me.

the iphone client is awesome with voice notes and such but not the pre one
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    I love evernote but the pre client is not working out that well for me.

the iphone client is awesome with voice notes and such but not the pre one
    The iphone version also syncs pics within the app but the pre sends them as email.

I like evernote so i'm sticking with it, but right now the pre version isn't very useful.
    Evernotes does cache locally on other platforms. Eventually it will on the Pre as well. I have been using it for over a year now and my note/memo management is so much easier since making the transition.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The lack of offline mode is a problem with Evernote, but does anybody have any other options?

Using Google Docs also requires an internet connection (no offline app, yet).
    The Pre Memo app doesn't backup, which is a huge problem. (I already deleted an 8 year old memo, that I luckily was able to recover on Palm Desktop, but any new one wouldn't be backed up).

Any other thoughts, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    The lack of offline mode is a problem with Evernote, but does anybody have any other options?

Using Google Docs also requires an internet connection (no offline app, yet).
    The Pre Memo app doesn't backup, which is a huge problem. (I already deleted an 8 year old memo, that I luckily was able to recover on Palm Desktop, but any new one wouldn't be backed up).

8 year old memo? Don't you memorize it by now?
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post

Post it note to the back of the phone.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 06MS6 View Post
    8 year old memo? Don't you memorize it by now?
    LOL. It's bigger then when it started......
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I was very underwhelmed by Evernote when I first started, but after using it for a week, I love the features that I didn't have on my old Palm OS.

It is still clunky on the Pre. I really don't know why they pushed this version out if for no other reason to give current accounts who switched to the Pre a way to view their memos. The online only mode was my one hold out from moving full tilt into this app, but hearing that it has this ability on other platforms is encouraging.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Never forget anything... Like how much easier it is to just type local-syncable notes in winMob Word.

I have about 100 word files and a dozen excel files that I edited on a regular basis on my Treo 700wx. I'm not sure how to function similarly with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj27 View Post
    Never forget anything... Like how much easier it is to just type local-syncable notes in winMob Word.

I have about 100 word files and a dozen excel files that I edited on a regular basis on my Treo 700wx. I'm not sure how to function similarly with the Pre.
    Not there yet, but certainly coming. You'll have to wait for the full (edit) version of docs to go to come out.
    I'm looking forward to a cached version of Evernote for the Pre as well, and even when connected EN has some issues. It's definitely a very early beta, in my opinion.

But for me it's still better than what I'm used to, the Windows Mobile version, which doesn't even allow editing of existing notes on the device. Rather, it only allows viewing existing notes and creating new ones. Compared to that, the Pre version is manna from heaven.

And you should go to Evernote's forums and read the comments from Android fans. They're miffed because the Pre version came out before the Android version.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I would like the Pre Evernote app to be able to work offline, too. But it's about a million times better than the native memo app. I love the ability to clip web pages (even if I have to do it on my desktop computer).

Reading about what iPhone users can do with their Evernote app makes me incredibly jealous, though.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I have an ipod touch with evernote. It's evil the pre version doesn't cache.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tempete View Post
    I would like the Pre Evernote app to be able to work offline, too. But it's about a million times better than the native memo app. I love the ability to clip web pages (even if I have to do it on my desktop computer).

Reading about what iPhone users can do with their Evernote app makes me incredibly jealous, though.
    You can clip webpages from you Pre by going through Page|Share from the web page and sending it to your Evernote e-mail address.

I completely forgot about that! (I am an Evernote noob.) Thanks for reminding me.
    The Blackberry version only creates new notes offline and then waits until it has a connection to send it.
    The iPhone version only caches your favorite notes (starred).
    Hopefully the Pre will soon support offline *anything*.
    Mobi·gas·mic!