Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896 View Post
    The Blackberry version only creates new notes offline and then waits until it has a connection to send it.
    The iPhone version only caches your favorite notes (starred).
    Hopefully the Pre will soon support offline *anything*.
    Thanks for the clarification. I think I had an inflated view of what the other versions could do. Have you looked at the most recent EN for iPhone release (within the last week)? Seems to add some nice features that I'd love to see on the Pre.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I think I had an inflated view of what the other versions could do. Have you looked at the most recent EN for iPhone release (within the last week)? Seems to add some nice features that I'd love to see on the Pre.
    Yes, I got the iPhone's new version- its pretty sweet. Mainly I'm waiting for the Blackberry version to do more from within the app. Right now all searching throws you into the browser.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Evernotes does cache locally on other platforms. Eventually it will on the Pre as well. I have been using it for over a year now and my note/memo management is so much easier since making the transition.
    If it does cache locally I'll give it another shot.

And it has to be a persistent cache, where changes can be made which will be uploaded to the server when network connectivity is available again.

I'd rather use post-it notes otherwise.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    If it does cache locally I'll give it another shot.

And it has to be a persistent cache, where changes can be made which will be uploaded to the server when network connectivity is available again.

I'd rather use post-it notes otherwise.
    By post-it notes, are you talking about the native memo app or is there another app out there that can be run on the Pre? If other than native, please provide a link

Native app is a non-starter for me. Other than being stored locally, there is no other useful functionality from my perspective.
    Cooneyca's tip about emailing web sites is great for keeping track of important web pages, because the bookmarks are currently not backed up. If you have to do a total wipe, like I did yesterday (1.03 upgrade messed up my Pre) you have to manually enter all of this stuff again.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    wow.. didn't even think of that. You could create a Bookmarks category and keep them all neatly organized too.
    Originally posted by Dr.Grace:
    Cooneyca's tip about emailing web sites is great for keeping track of important web pages, because the bookmarks are currently not backed up. If you have to do a total wipe, like I did yesterday (1.03 upgrade messed up my Pre) you have to manually enter all of this stuff again.
    Xmarks has a mobile version. You can create a folder for mobile websites in Xmarks then you always have them synchronized and ready whenever you are and the Pre is so nice, you'll like some of your favorite sites w/o using the mobile versions.
    Cool. I didn't know about xmarks.
    Global Posts
    889 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    That's why I deleted it as well.
    ***WARNING***STUPID QUESTION ALERT***WARNING***

How do you delete Evernote from the Pre?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Hold down orange key and then tap (don't hold) the app icon. A pop up will appear
    Last edited by cooneyca; 06/21/2009 at 06:47 PM.
    I don't know if anyone else has used this one before - Remember the Milk? Its at rememberthemilk.com I'm hoping an application is developed for the Pre, it would be an excellent replacement for the totally useless Tasks app bundled with the Pre.

I agree with other posters on Evernote's usefulness. Meh. Local cache is definitely needed - already I've been out and without coverage, and required a note I had written. As a temporary workaround, I'll open a card and leave it open when I go out. Even with limited functionality, I do appreciate that the Evernote app exists.
    I think Evernote is suffering from the same thing Tweed is. Namely that WebOS is still very new.

So, we know photo upload/integration is missing.

Here's the scoop on photo integration. There isn't direct support for photo upload in the Palm Mojo SDK, yet.

It is definitely coming, though given the incredible demand for photo integration in Tweed (everyone wants it yesterday, or more precisely, at launch), we realize it won't be ready soon enough.

So, we are working with Palm on alternatives and options that will deliver the ability to tweet photos from Tweed.

We understand it is frustrating, but please know it is a HUGE priority for us and we are actively working on it.

We hope to have something in the coming weeks.
    Christian Sepulveda - Tweed Update: v0.9.7
    Last edited by Mannyman; 06/21/2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca View Post
    By post-it notes, are you talking about the native memo app or is there another app out there that can be run on the Pre? If other than native, please provide a link
    I was joking and I meant actual real paper post-it notes.

But yes, I suppose the built in memo app is preferable to something which only stores notes online and doesn't give you locally saved versions.

Speaking of Memos, I should ssh into the Pre and see if I can find out where memos are stored. If so I can write a script to sync them back and forth between my Mac and the Pre, and possibly even write up a Mac app to edit them there. Hmm!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Is it me or does Evernote not allow copy and paste? I'm trying to copy/paste text that I am editing, and I thought that was the rule for allowed/not allowed copy/paste.

Apparently i was wrong.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj27 View Post
    Is it me or does Evernote not allow copy and paste?
    Odd, seems to work for me. Were you trying on a new note or an existing one? Were you trying to copy something that had formatting?
    I was not impressed w/ evernote at all. i have an account i tried to use, but couldn't get the hang of it. logged in, and i could only see half of the page of whatever i had noted before. i couldn't scroll around.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Something for everyone to remember is that the developers have said that Evernote on the Pre is still beta. They know there is still work to be done.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
    Odd, seems to work for me. Were you trying on a new note or an existing one? Were you trying to copy something that had formatting?
    I'm trying to copy text from an existing note while in edit mode.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'm interested in this app after some updates. App catalog shows it at v1.10 right now... is this the new update?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast