webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Saturday 06/20/09 app updates
Saturday 06/20/09 app updates

Old 06/20/2009, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Palm just posted Updates for Tweed, Spaz, AccuWeather, CitySearch, & Flixter on app catalog.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
Ehsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

disappointing...
technoviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Question...when an app updates do I need to re-download the app for the updates or is it automaticlly updated on my currently installed app?
GoTitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

For now Tweed notification opens up tweed. Before it showed that i got new twits but when I clicked on notification it just didnt open tweed app. After this update applied it does. It opens tweed app. Wow. Testing other apps just updated.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
Old 06/20/2009, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
disappointing...
Encouraging.
coolgreany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

wish updates came with release notes
sambao21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
Question...when an app updates do I need to re-download the app for the updates or is it automaticlly updated on my currently installed app?
Just click update in your app launcher it updates the applications automatically.
Leke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: GoTitans
Old 06/20/2009, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
I think if you dont update it will eventually update for you in the background (true for firmware updates too) but easiest thing is just go to launcher, last page, go to updates and update all. Its easier, fastest and coolest way to update instead of going one by one.

Thanked By: GoTitans
Old 06/20/2009, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full info on Tweed
New in the App Catalog: Tweed 0.9.7 has landed and other updates (June 20th,*09) - all things Pre - PreThinking

Old 06/20/2009, 01:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leke View Post
Just click update in your app launcher it updates the applications automatically.
When I use the update program it says my phone is up to date, but if I goto the app program I can see the updates. Any ideas?
zmerahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

I just updated Spaz and now it just get stuck on a white screen when I start it.
cl191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
When I use the update program it says my phone is up to date, but if I goto the app program I can see the updates. Any ideas?
I think close the update app and go back try again. But I can verify that I updated all apps using update option.

Old 06/20/2009, 01:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
I just updated Spaz and now it just get stuck on a white screen when I start it.
same here. I am going to restart Pre and see if that fixes it. If this is infact true then Spaz is messed up. Because its update for Tweed and Spaz wont even open anymore.

Old 06/20/2009, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

nope. Spaz is messed up.

Old 06/20/2009, 01:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
Encouraging.
why you pissed?
Old 06/20/2009, 01:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
Palm just posted Updates for Tweed, Spaz, AccuWeather, CitySearch, & Flixter on app catalog.
I updated Accuweather...it still has the stupid pop out ad which makes it completely unusable for me.
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 01:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
I updated Accuweather...it still has the stupid pop out ad which makes it completely unusable for me.
Old 06/20/2009, 01:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
I think there is option where you can close it. But I guess there will be a version without ad in future which they will charge for. I dont bother for longer period just see weather and close it . But i know what you are saying.

Old 06/20/2009, 02:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I think there is option where you can close it.
It closes by itself. You launch the app, the ad pops out from the left, stays open for a second or so then closes. The opening/closing portion is what I find annoying and I see no way of shutting it off.

I emailed them and told them that I would be willing to pay for an app without that stupid ad and all I got was a reply saying they would forward my email to their mobile division.

I'm just curious how much they would charge....probably too much.
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 02:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
nope. Spaz is messed up.
deleting Spaz and reinstalling fix the issue. Apart from issue of reinstalling it works great. Faster and less memory hog.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0