webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Saturday 06/20/09 app updates
Saturday 06/20/09 app updates

Old 06/20/2009, 02:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

clicking check for updates does not download the updates for me just says my phone is up to date, but once i open the app catalog then go back to check for updates it will see them, WEIRD
TMed_ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 02:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
clicking check for updates does not download the updates for me just says my phone is up to date, but once i open the app catalog then go back to check for updates it will see them, WEIRD
Hmm you might have a point there, I normally go to the app catalog first and notice the "update" symbol next to the app, I then proceed to the updates in app launcher...
Leke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 02:56 PM   #23 (permalink)

OK just an update. Tweed now runs in the background. So even if tweed app is close (you closed the card) you will still get notification for new tweets at notification bar at bottom. So it basically runs in background just like messaging & emails and notify update. Before it only did that when tweed app was open in a card.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
Ehsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 03:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
OK just an update. Tweed now runs in the background. So even if tweed app is close (you closed the card) you will still get notification for new tweets at notification bar at bottom. So it basically runs in background just like messaging & emails and notify update. Before it only did that when tweed app was open in a card.
So how do you actually exit the program?
I like the fact that it will now let you know there are new tweets on your feed, but the problem is it won't actually display the new tweets in Tweed unless you click on the notification or hit refresh in Tweed.
cl191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 03:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Is there any animation of the radar on Accuweather yet? Great radar picture, but I need to see the movement.

Cheers
mike5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 03:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

Turn off automatic notifications, at that point there would be reason why the program should run in the background
Leke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 03:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
Palm just posted Updates for Tweed, Spaz, AccuWeather, CitySearch, & Flixter on app catalog.
k, so, well...meh
ardoreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 03:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

You close the card in which Tweed is running by throwing it up (just like closing any app) but after this update it is either running in background even after you close the tweed card or its like Iphone notification where you get notified from server to save battery. Anyways unless you choose option "notification off" you will get notifications whether you leave tweed open in card (cost memory & probably cost one card) or close it.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
Ehsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 03:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Nice. I don't know if I'll use Tweed notifications or not, but I like the fact that we at least have the option now. Now if Tweed can only integrate picture uploading, we'll be set.
Big Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 04:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

anyone know a website where you can simply type in an Airline and a flt. # and get flight info? I had a free app called Flight Status on my Treo that I really miss.
Jfscars48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 04:30 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
anyone know a website where you can simply type in an Airline and a flt. # and get flight info? I had a free app called Flight Status on my Treo that I really miss.
Have you try the FlightView app in the app catalog?
cl191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 04:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

the notifications by tweed are interesting catch 22 i think. its nice that i can click the link like text/email notification but imagine if you follow a lot of people....you will CONSTANTLY be getting updates and drain battery.

also noticed there is no sound or vibrate like other notifications when you have those features on.

o well, its still nice i think, for now.
Rangt#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 05:10 PM   #33 (permalink)

Facebook app plz.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0