Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    clicking check for updates does not download the updates for me just says my phone is up to date, but once i open the app catalog then go back to check for updates it will see them, WEIRD
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    clicking check for updates does not download the updates for me just says my phone is up to date, but once i open the app catalog then go back to check for updates it will see them, WEIRD
    Hmm you might have a point there, I normally go to the app catalog first and notice the "update" symbol next to the app, I then proceed to the updates in app launcher...
  3.    #23  
    OK just an update. Tweed now runs in the background. So even if tweed app is close (you closed the card) you will still get notification for new tweets at notification bar at bottom. So it basically runs in background just like messaging & emails and notify update. Before it only did that when tweed app was open in a card.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    OK just an update. Tweed now runs in the background. So even if tweed app is close (you closed the card) you will still get notification for new tweets at notification bar at bottom. So it basically runs in background just like messaging & emails and notify update. Before it only did that when tweed app was open in a card.
    So how do you actually exit the program?
    I like the fact that it will now let you know there are new tweets on your feed, but the problem is it won't actually display the new tweets in Tweed unless you click on the notification or hit refresh in Tweed.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Is there any animation of the radar on Accuweather yet? Great radar picture, but I need to see the movement.

Cheers
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Turn off automatic notifications, at that point there would be reason why the program should run in the background
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Palm just posted Updates for Tweed, Spaz, AccuWeather, CitySearch, & Flixter on app catalog.
    k, so, well...meh
  8.    #28  
    You close the card in which Tweed is running by throwing it up (just like closing any app) but after this update it is either running in background even after you close the tweed card or its like Iphone notification where you get notified from server to save battery. Anyways unless you choose option "notification off" you will get notifications whether you leave tweed open in card (cost memory & probably cost one card) or close it.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Nice. I don't know if I'll use Tweed notifications or not, but I like the fact that we at least have the option now. Now if Tweed can only integrate picture uploading, we'll be set.
    anyone know a website where you can simply type in an Airline and a flt. # and get flight info? I had a free app called Flight Status on my Treo that I really miss.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    anyone know a website where you can simply type in an Airline and a flt. # and get flight info? I had a free app called Flight Status on my Treo that I really miss.
    Have you try the FlightView app in the app catalog?
    the notifications by tweed are interesting catch 22 i think. its nice that i can click the link like text/email notification but imagine if you follow a lot of people....you will CONSTANTLY be getting updates and drain battery.

also noticed there is no sound or vibrate like other notifications when you have those features on.

o well, its still nice i think, for now.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Facebook app plz.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12