Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i sent the below list to Palm:

1. Time in subway is so off. This doesnt always happen and I havent figured out why it happens, but on Pre in the subway will display the wrong time until it gets outside.
    2. Email delete doesn't seem to work if you delete b4 the arrows go away. on pop accounts, after you get notified that you have mail, I may start deleteing them before the circle ends, and if i do the email comes back.
    3. Purge sms automatically or manually. i need the pre to either delete sms older than a certain date or let me do it manually. I know a lot of ppl keep there sms, but i dont.
    4. Forward sms ability. true, i rarely use it, but this ability is just needed.
    5. Ability to turn off screen when on touchstone. it is just wierd being on all the time.
    6. Call duration without hack. really? it on the phone already, just show it.
    7. Tasks with alarm. i missed the ability to have a task remind me that it is due. also, should be in the calendar on the day it is due.
    9. the ability to pick tones for mail messaging. again, really?
    10. Rotate with emails. some email just dont react well to the double click and the text is two small. can i have rotate to read email? please!!
    11. Option to goto next message when you delete inside the message. when in an email, and i delete, i would rather go to the next message than go back to the list of messages.
    12. the ability to flick to the next or previous email. i know you have the arrows to go to previous or next message, but that usually means i have to scroll up. why should i have to do that, when i can flyc in stead?
    13. now that google contacts has a birthday field, this should be synced and shown in the calendar.
    14. Empty trash. on pop, a way to empty trash. i went into my trash folder and had over 400 emails in there. i didnt delete them one by one.
    15. if i decide to keep the pre screen on while on a touch stone, how about giving me more info than the time? like email, sms, calendar notices?
    16. The ability to make the default view in the web browser bookmarks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Make your complaining count!

http://pre.uservoice.com

jk, nice list. I think most of that stuff should be done in the next release. nothing that hard...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    What would have been a little different in this market's generation is:
    After the vertical keyboard is slid out, it can rotate to the left to enable a landscape mode for the phone. This could be fairly useful for Web browsing, message and email viewing and just an cool added feature. I hope I was clear enough.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Regarding #15, I get notices when my phone is on the touchstone. I have notifications set to show even when the phone is locked, so maybe that is why.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    jk, nice list. I think most of that stuff should be done in the next release. nothing that hard...
    As a d eveloper myself, I always cringe when clients say "Oh, it can't be that hard!", or "I need a quick fix, it shouldn't take you long!".

People have no idea what goes into the construction and development of a large scale application, let alone a complete operating system.

Unless you're sitting behind the keyboard writing the code that makes webOS function, I don't think you can say with any degree of accuracy that something wouldn't be "that hard" to fix...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    Regarding #15, I get notices when my phone is on the touchstone. I have notifications set to show even when the phone is locked, so maybe that is why.

to clarify, i want the screen with the time and the yellow button to include notification symbols. if you get and email, an envelops pops up. if you get a call and dont pick it up, you get a phone symbol. so if you arent around when something comes in, you can glance at and see you missed something.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    to clarify, i want the screen with the time and the yellow button to include notification symbols. if you get and email, an envelops pops up. if you get a call and dont pick it up, you get a phone symbol. so if you arent around when something comes in, you can glance at and see you missed something.
    You mean like this?

I just took a screen shot while it was on my touchstone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #8  
    You mean like this?

I just took a screen shot while it was on my touchstone.

yes, does that happen already? does it stay on?
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Absolutely. It'll stay on until you take the phone off the touchstone.
  10.    #10  
    Absolutely. It'll stay on until you take the phone off the touchstone.
    im looking at mine right now, and i know i got new email, but all i see is the time and the yellow ball. there is no indication that i received anything.

again, my phone is on the touchstone.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, mine was on the touchstone too when I took that screenshot.

Do you have notifications "show when locked" turned on? That's the only thing I can think of.
    I need a camera on the pre.. plus visual voicemail!!!
  13.    #13  
    Yeah, mine was on the touchstone too when I took that screenshot.

Do you have notifications "show when locked" turned on? That's the only thing I can think of.
    that was it, i gt the notifications, thanks.

1 down 15 to go.

Felipe
    I understand what you are saying but the language the web os is based on isn't anything new ,but then again that darn coding isnt a walk in the park
    1. Call Block - Call Filtering (CallBlock for Palm OS)

2. Application Level Security Access (AppLock 1.02 for Palm OS)

3. Email, Calendar, Notes, and Tasks Sync with Outlook Desktop

4. SplashID sync with Desktop

5. Quicken sync with Desktop

6. Audio & Video Recording

7. SMS Forwarding (as well as fix the bug associated with SMS's to and from contact #'s stored with a *82 prefix)

8. Copy and Paste functionality

9. Un-tethored file transfering

10. Spell Checker for email or SMS
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    dudes you guy's really need to look around on this site, most of these things already happen, if you would take the time to read some post , instead of making 5000 post maybe you should read some
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleapor View Post
    dudes you guy's really need to look around on this site, most of these things already happen, if you would take the time to read some post , instead of making 5000 post maybe you should read some

dude stfu.
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    dude stfu.
    A lot of nerve from a new poster eh? hehe...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I like #13. It'd also be great to have applications resume where they left off everytime you open them. Like the music player going back to the last song/list you were listening to, or reopening a pdf at the same page you left off, etc...
    My 15k
    1. Text forwarding
    2. Ability to download files from the internet
    3. A home button on the internet
    4. Ability to make music playlists
    5. Ability to change notification sounds
    6. Email search
    7. Google maps transit information
    8. downloadable songs through the sprint network
    9. Ability to still type when a card is minimized but still in the center position
    10. A notification light.
    11. Ability to zoom and record video
    12. A file explorer
    13. A forward gesture to complement the back gesture
    14. Screen rotation in more programs
    15. call recording.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast