Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After the 1.0.3 update my Classic stopped working. Per instruction here I created a Palm and Palm/launcher folders and Classic works now. Thanks guys.
    I noticed that Classic has a sound option so I turned it on. I then ran Kinoma and Vollia! I can hear sound streams. I tried a YouTube video and it started.

The problem is the streams start then re-buffer over and over in a loop. We are so close to a working Kinoma which will allow is to stream all kinds of cool stuff like I did under my Treo 755P.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Any idea how and when it will get there? whether this is a motions app, palm, or kinoma issue? I bought Classic and Kinoma for exactly the streaming capability. I used SelectRadio on my 700wx and loved it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe1111 View Post
    Any idea how and when it will get there? whether this is a motions app, palm, or kinoma issue? I bought Classic and Kinoma for exactly the streaming capability.
    Kinoma Player 4 EX is a well-behaved Palm OS app that runs great under other emulators (StyleTap, Access Garnet VM), so I don't know of any reason Classic shouldn't be able to as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    The problem is the streams start then re-buffer over and over in a loop. We are so close to a working Kinoma which will allow is to stream all kinds of cool stuff like I did under my Treo 755P.
    I get the same problem with my Kinoma on my Pre running in Classic. The stream will start and then play for 1 second then restart again. It's like the system is hitting the restart stream button by itself.

Anyone fix this problem on theirs?
    Classic claims the latest 1.04 WebOS has fixed issues - hopefully it has fixed this one as well?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Classic claims the latest 1.04 WebOS has fixed issues - hopefully it has fixed this one as well?
    Nope, it did not fix the looping problem. Where did you see this claim at?
  7.    #7  
    Damn it is still not working. Man, it is SO close to working as well. It wants to stream and I can see video and hear it, but it just loops.

This would be a great, if not temporary, solution for streaming. I can even put the card in the background and it keeps playing.

It is teasing me!!!!!! ii
    Last edited by Paladin; 06/30/2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Ya, same problem here. Funny thing on pod cast if you let it keep playing it will download the entire cast (if you have save selected) and you can then play it via the PRE's player but Classic will crash if you wait too long after the download is complete.

Love this program and really want it ported to the Pre. Multi-Tasking for this program will be GREAT.
    Is it just Kinoma? Did anyone try Pocket tunes, Mundu Radio etc?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    oh and did anyone try audible player? My trial expired and I hate to buy if I cant use streaming & play audio books.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    oh and did anyone try audible player? My trial expired and I hate to buy if I cant use streaming & play audio books.
    Audible Player works, just not Air Audible.

There is a thread, do a search on setting up if you need help.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
    Nope, it did not fix the looping problem. Where did you see this claim at?
    Motionapps claims that with 1.04, Classic is now "complete"

MotionApps: Classic v1.1 release is now complete
    Kinoma and Pocket Tunes need to work overtime to get their WebOS versions out! Come on! It can't be that hard! After all you guys are doing web stuff which WebOS was meant to be used for.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Motionapps claims that with 1.04, Classic is now "complete"

MotionApps: Classic v1.1 release is now complete
    That blog statement says nothing about Kinoma now working completely with Classic.
    It means they stopped developing the product and no longer call it a Beta. It does not mean all apps will work unless they are ceritfied to work.

And Pocket-Tunes has the same looping problems with streaming only.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

So it was good decision not to buy Classic when my trial expired. So surprised motionapps worked on games to be able to play on Pre but no streaming? Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Kinoma Player 4 EX is a well-behaved Palm OS app that runs great under other emulators (StyleTap, Access Garnet VM), so I don't know of any reason Classic shouldn't be able to as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles,

Great to see you're checking the thread out. Love your program. Had it running on my Treo 755P. What ever is up with the Classic it does not work with Kinoma.

Please develop it for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Charles,

Great to see you're checking the thread out. Love your program. Had it running on my Treo 755P. What ever is up with the Classic it does not work with Kinoma.

Please develop it for the Pre.
    I second that.
    Love your program.
    Thanks!

What ever is up with the Classic it does not work with Kinoma.
    I'm not sure...hate to sound like a broken record, but Kinoma Player 4 EX is a well-behaved Palm OS app that runs well with other emulators (StyleTap, Access Garnet VM). For the sake of the Palm OS customers that've moved to webOS, I hope Motion Apps can figure it out.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Thanks!

I'm not sure...hate to sound like a broken record, but Kinoma Player 4 EX is a well-behaved Palm OS app that runs well with other emulators (StyleTap, Access Garnet VM). For the sake of the Palm OS customers that've moved to webOS, I hope Motion Apps can figure it out.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles, I *love* kinoma play on my touch pro.. and I'm almost tempted to go back to the touch pro and wm6 just because of it.

PLEASE consider developing a version for the pre. This phone rocks, but it's missing me some kinoma!

-m
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast