webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Repeating events
Repeating events

Old 06/19/2009, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

When I attempt to create a customized repeating yearly calendar event, the available options don't correspond to the actual week. For example, if you go to the first Monday in September of this year, which is September 7, and try to create an event that will occur every year on the first Monday of September, the Pre's dialog display doesn't give you an option for the 1st Monday, but ONLY the 2nd Monday. Any one else noticed this problem and have a workaround? How do these bugs get reported to Palm to fix?
jimboba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2009, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

What day of the week (and week of the month) are you currently looking at on your calendar? If you are displaying the fourth Monday of the month when you go to create the event, then you will get options for Mondays (including 4th Monday). To get the option for a 1st Monday, you need to go to a 1st Monday of the month.

The options the Pre shows you are contextual and will correspond to the day and week of the month that you are currently displaying.

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
Insp_Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2009, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

i'm having a problem with repeating birthdays. when created online, they show up on pre but the day after. still after 1.0.3 update.
Rangt#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2009, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you follow the example I gave in my email (Monday, September 7, 2009, which is the first Monday in September) and try to set up a yearly repeating event for the first Monday in September of every year, you'll see exactly what I'm experiencing. The Pre think that September 7, 2009 is the 2nd Monday, not the 1st.
Old 06/19/2009, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboba View Post
If you follow the example I gave in my email (Monday, September 7, 2009, which is the first Monday in September) and try to set up a yearly repeating event for the first Monday in September of every year, you'll see exactly what I'm experiencing. The Pre think that September 7, 2009 is the 2nd Monday, not the 1st.
Yup, you're absolutely right. That's a bug! Hmmm, it only seems to have the problem for Sep 2009. Next year, first Monday in Sep works.

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
Old 06/19/2009, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well, a workaround for that particular bug would be to go back to Sep 1, 2008 and then put in your event. Set it to repeat every 12 months and then it will show up properly. You'll just have one unnecessary past event set a year ago.

Palm needs to fix that!

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
Palm Pre on Sprint

Old 06/20/2009, 01:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Actually, the problem doesn't occur just in September 2009, but in any month where the first occurrence of a day falls on the 2nd week of the month. Examples of when this occurs are July 6, 7; August 3-7, September 6-7, October 4-7, etc. On any of these dates, the Pre thinks your trying to schedule the 2nd occurrence of the day, when in reality the day is the 1st occurrence. This is something Palm's got to fix.
Old 06/20/2009, 01:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Indeed.

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
Palm Pre on Sprint

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0