webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Another APP added!
Another APP added!

Old 06/18/2009, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

NOT!! More like another update for Speed Brain.. Grr I'm starting to a little upset, there hasn't been any new apps for over a week, hmmm I wonder what PALM is up to??
Solid_MTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe working on the actual OS update, which is more important?

Se7enth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

But...most of the work to get an app done is not done by Palm, I would imagine...

...so unless maybe the Palm app-approvers are also developers who are working on the update, apps should still be getting approved while the update's being worked on...
Shadowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 05:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well I hope so, because I hate to say it, though I love my PRE it starting to get a little boring, without any new APPS...
Old 06/18/2009, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
But...most of the work to get an app done is not done by Palm, I would imagine...

...so unless maybe the Palm app-approvers are also developers who are working on the update, apps should still be getting approved while the update's being worked on...
Maybe they need to ensure that the apps being released are "compatible" with a significant bug-fix update. That would at least make sense.
realistdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Where is my facebook app? I neeeeeeeeed it.
Old 06/18/2009, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

If you are bored already then return it because you aren't going to see a lot of new apps until the SDK is finished and released.
Aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 05:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
Maybe they need to ensure that the apps being released are "compatible" with a significant bug-fix update. That would at least make sense.
I could be way off, but I expect a unch of apps to be added to the catalog after the beta banner is gone, which could happen with the next update.
Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 05:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey - you guys can't ***** about no apps b/c the second I mention that, I get bombarded with words like "beta" and "1.0 software" and "early adopter"...

I agree it's agree it's getting a little boring, and even though I'm lame and check the app catalog several times a day, I've come to terms with it. Why? No other device really gives me what I want overall, and even though the situation blows, hopefully they will fix it. I was thinking they would have at least 100 apps by the end of June, but at this point if they have 35-40 by then that might be more realistic (or even possibly a stretch given the rate of new additions as of late).
drummer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 05:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
If you are bored already then return it because you aren't going to see a lot of new apps until the SDK is finished and released.
Supposedly some of the bigger developers got advance copies of the SDK, but none of them have announced anything officially yet.
Old 06/18/2009, 05:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
That's my guess as well, particularly since it's been hinted at least that one of the things to be addressed in the next update is overall performance.
Old 06/18/2009, 05:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'm totally fine with waiting for the billion apps to start coming. No biggie to me. However, on that leaked document it named a bunch of apps that were supposed to be available "at or near launch". Most of these apps are already available. So I'm just dieing to get my hands on the said Facebook App
Old 06/18/2009, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
Take it easy! There's only so much you can do with a phone, any phone for that matter! Like I said above I love my PRE Its just the apps keep it refreshing...

Last edited by Solid_MTB; 06/18/2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06/18/2009, 06:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pre Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_MTB View Post
Well I hope so, because I hate to say it, though I love my PRE it starting to get a little boring, without any new APPS...
I agree! When you are having a battle royale with the iPhone geeks and they pool out the "Can you drink a beer on your Pre" app. All I can say is... "No... but I can open Developer Mode",

Then they say "Can you play the piano or guitar on your Pre?", I say "No but I can open pandora...".

Then they say "Can you hum a tune or sing into your phone and it will tell you what song it is?" I then respond with "No... But i have global search".

It gets old after awhile. We need cool useless light saber applications too!!!
PreGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 06:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
I agree! When you are having a battle royale with the iPhone geeks and they pool out the "Can you drink a beer on your Pre" app. All I can say is... "No... but I can open Developer Mode", Then they say "Can you play the piano or guitar on your Pre?", I say "No but I can open pandora...". Then they can "Can you hum a tune or sing into your phone and it will tell you what song it is?" I then respond with "No... But i have global search".

It gets old after awhile. We need cool useless light saber applications too!!!
Exactly!
Old 06/18/2009, 06:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Guys, a fully featured, multi tone Fart app can be done in a day. Serious apps take some time...
bruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 06:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

I agree, what the heck is Palm waiting for? I want my "keep me stimulated all day until the next new thing comes along" app, RIGHT NOW!!!

Forget it, I'm returning the stupid thing.
groovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 06:22 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'm most saddened by Palm released the SDK too late in the game to the "early" devs...and believe me, there's a LOT more than 30 of them. sigh
Old 06/18/2009, 06:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Is this really "too late in the game"???
groovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 06:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Late in the game = they should have released it early enough so that at launch, they have a bigger selection of apps available.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0