webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Phone App - Disconnecting second call
Phone App - Disconnecting second call

Old 06/18/2009, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to disconnect a second call that comes in after you are finished? Twice now I received a call, put the person I was talking to on hold, and after the other call was finished had no idea how to hang up from it. The only option I saw was "hang up all calls."

The second time I was listening to my voicemail and received a call and the same thing. I had to hang up both calls and call the person back. Am I missing the obvious?

By the way, I saw this problem in the "Bugs" thread, but no one really touched upon it.
Enlil242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlil242 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know how to disconnect a second call that comes in after you are finished? Twice now I received a call, put the person I was talking to on hold, and after the other call was finished had no idea how to hang up from it. The only option I saw was "hang up all calls."

The second time I was listening to my voicemail and received a call and the same thing. I had to hang up both calls and call ther person back. Am I missing the obvious?

By the way, I saw this problem in the "Bugs" thread, but no one really touched upon it.
This is not a bug. It is intentionally like this. In the manual it tells you to ask the other person to hang up to end the call or end all of the calls. If I remember correctly I actually think it has something to do with how sprint's network is set up.
bpdamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
This is not a bug. It is intentionally like this. In the manual it tells you to ask the other person to hang up to end the call or end all of the calls. If I remember correctly I actually think it has something to do with how sprint's network is set up.
Hmmm. I don't get it. If that's true, then that's dumb becuase I cannot do this when in voicemail. [ask my voicemail to hang up]
Old 06/18/2009, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had this problem with my Treo 755p on Verizon and was looking forward to leaving it behind. I just noticed last night that the behavior is on the Pre too. Major bummer. I wonder if it's a CDMA thing.
musk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

The little blue arrows are just like the old swap button from the Treo. Just push the arrows and it will swap back and forth between the calls. No need to hang up the other call (even if you are done with it)...if one of the calls doesn't hang up by itself it will ring back with "unknown number" a few seconds after you terminate your end of the calls.
AMR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

I see the same behavior on my Centro.
wormdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
The little blue arrows are just like the old swap button from the Treo. Just push the arrows and it will swap back and forth between the calls. No need to hang up the other call (even if you are done with it)...if one of the calls doesn't hang up by itself it will ring back with "unknown number" a few seconds after you terminate your end of the calls.
I have had this issue as well. I was in Voicemail, so...?
Does the other call still use anytime minutes?
CHEEZM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 02:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
Thanks, but I understand how to swap the calls back and forth, but it doesn't allow me to hang up from just one of the calls. Is this really a limitation with Sprint?! Really?!
Old 06/18/2009, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

This is a CDMA limitation from what I've heard. There is no way around it on Sprint's network every phone they have is like that. If you are on the Simply Everything plan it's not big deal just leave the call going, however if you are on a minute plan I see where it could be a pain.
Xsecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

I jsut checked this on my instinct and it's the same thing. You can only hang up all calls, not indivual. That's kind of stupid, but whatever.
VXXXJesterXXXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

When in voicemail, I believe pressing * when you are not listening to the message disconnects it.
acipollo is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0