webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Phone app auto redials last phone number
Phone app auto redials last phone number

Old 06/18/2009, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

This is a pretty big flaw imo. If you hit the phone dial icon without dialing any numbers it'll redial the last number you called.

EDIT: I'm an *****. It is a two step process. Hit dial once and it will show you the last call. Hit dial again and it will redial. I think I hit it twice the first time I tried it. Great feature.

Last edited by MaxGator; 06/18/2009 at 12:40 PM.
MaxGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

I don't see how this is a flaw. Every phone that I remember if you hit the call button (usually twice since its not a touch screen) will call back the last number.
DNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGator View Post
This is a pretty big flaw imo. If you hit the phone dial icon without dialing any numbers it'll redial the last number you called.
Why is that a flaw exactly? What behavior would you expect?
Old 06/18/2009, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would expect it to do nothing.

I'm pretty sure my treo didn't do this but will check it later.

Perhaps it is the fact that the dial bar is so much bigger. But I have inadvertenly redialed several times now when the phone app has not been closed but only minimized to a card or when I've just hung up with someone. I couldn't figure out how it kept happening.

If that's standard then I guess it's user error.
Old 06/18/2009, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL- isn't that how just about every cellular phone works these days? That's actually a nice feature especially if a dropped call happens (ie girlfriend w/ an iphone on crappy AT&T) so you can just bounce right back into the call.
Old 06/18/2009, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think it's an error with an ID of 10t.

All Palm phones that I've used...hell any phone I've used has had the function of dialing the last dialed number when hitting the phone key twice.
xandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

I know my 800w responded this way. You would click the green dial button once and it would bring up a list of your most recent calls. If you clicked it again, it would dial the last call.

Maybe they can implement a two click method like on previous treos. Then at least it wouldn't immediately start dialing the last person as soon as you click the button.
bpdamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

That's what was different - you are right that there was a two click system. I just don't know if I hit dial on the screen if it would auto redial.
Old 06/18/2009, 12:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

i'm happy about it. It was yet another glaring feature the iPhone lacked, and I'm happy to have it back.
buyrihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yes I was upset there was no redial until I tried this.....
mdmogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

I actually do like this feature. I just figured it out last night.

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
bjshedwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

+1

Was looking for redial, one step closer to selling my blackberry.
kurpaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Every phone I've ever had did this. (except maybe the iphone. I thought it did, but I don't remember now) But you must hit it twice to actually dial. First tap brings up the last number, second dials it. Great features that most phones have.
fitzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pre Developer

Actually you hit the Green dial button and it will pull up the last called number. You then hit it again and it will connect and call the person.
PreGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: bpdamas
Old 06/18/2009, 12:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

"Flaw" huh?... that is a great "Feature" to me...
Old 06/18/2009, 12:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

well, that means that most other phones don't do it. I would much prefer a two step process because I hate accidental calls.

Guess I should have said 'look at this great feature I found!'

Don't get me wrong - still love the phone.
Old 06/18/2009, 12:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
well, that means that most other phones don't do it. I would much prefer a two step process because I hate accidental calls.

Guess I should have said 'look at this great feature I found!'

Don't get me wrong - still love the phone.
I'm confused when you say "most other phones don't do that". Like I said earlier, every phone I've ever had did that, except the iPhone. And I've had A LOT of phones. Usually get a new phone at least once a year.
fitzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
Actually you hit the Green dial button and it will pull up the last called number. You then hit it again and it will connect and call the person.
Nice. I never tried it but it looks like it is a two step process. The only other feature that I might think is nice is to have it bring up a list of the last 15 numbers you have called or something like that.
bpdamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 12:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

I was responding to someone who said that phones he had seen had a two step process.

It appears that neither the iphone nor the treos did this so maybe I should have siad most touch screens.

Glad that others find it to be a good feature. Personally would prefer the extra step.
Old 06/18/2009, 12:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

Wow. This is really weird. I could swear that when I tired it earlier it auto redialed.

I just tried it again and it showed the last number I called and I had to hit again to dial.

I must have accidentally hit it twice the first time.

I like the feature now - that's what I thought it should do.

I'd say sorry, but I think all turned out good!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0