webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > mms
mms

Old 06/17/2009, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

is anyone having a problem sending/receiving mms?..i've heard this is an issue that palm is aware of yet i have not heard of any complaints
dtbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2009, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbino View Post
is anyone having a problem sending/receiving mms?..i've heard this is an issue that palm is aware of yet i have not heard of any complaints
I haven't had any issues with MMS. Can you elaborate more on what you've heard?
Old 06/17/2009, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

No issues with MMS here. Been doing it like crazy since day 1.
nKoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have had only slight delay in MMS. Just update my wife to BB OS 4.5 on her 8330 and have been getting pics non stop. Good pics....
grubish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have been having an issue when sending a pic with text to any other phone than a PRE. The person receives the pic but no text. I have spoken to Palm and Sprint and they were able to duplicate the issue and are working on it. As far as sending just a text or pic separate I have no issue.
alvin319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

I haven't had anyone on AT&T be able to receive because of their limit on mms sizes. Other than that it seems to work with most other phones on sprint and verizon.
brotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

I was able to send mms to other phones no problem, well...except for the iPhones.
alanc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 11:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubish View Post
Just update my wife to BB OS 4.5 on her 8330 and have been getting pics non stop. Good pics....
ryleyinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

All set here since day 1. Mostly sending pics to an LG ENV2 on Verizon with no issues.
damink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 12:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
I have been having an issue when sending a pic with text to any other phone than a PRE. The person receives the pic but no text. I have spoken to Palm and Sprint and they were able to duplicate the issue and are working on it. As far as sending just a text or pic separate I have no issue.
Any idea what brand and model of phone is on the receiving end?
some dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2009, 02:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by some dude View Post
Any idea what brand and model of phone is on the receiving end?
Have tried sending to LG Rumor 2, LG Rant, Samsung Upstage, Samsung M500, Samsung Instinct and a few others. This has also been tested with more than one Pre also to the same phones.
Old 06/23/2009, 02:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damink23 View Post
All set here since day 1. Mostly sending pics to an LG ENV2 on Verizon with no issues.
Are you sending text with the pics? Are you sure that they are seeing the text on there end and not just the pic?
Old 06/23/2009, 03:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Have tried sending to LG Rumor 2, LG Rant, Samsung Upstage, Samsung M500, Samsung Instinct and a few others. This has also been tested with more than one Pre also to the same phones.
Sorry the question was "which phones does sending MMS fail to?". Surely you're not saying you can't send to any of these phones right?
Old 06/23/2009, 03:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry the question was "which phones does sending MMS fail to?". Surely you're not saying you can't send to any of these phones right?
Yes I can send a pic w/text to all of them but can only see the pic and no text.
Old 06/23/2009, 03:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes I can send a pic w/text to all of them but can only see the pic and no text.
How odd, I'm not seeing that on my Pre. Just sent an MMS with picture and text to my own number and two minutes later the message came in with picture and text. If I was you I'd talk to Sprint, as it sounds like you have some specific issue with your account.
Old 06/23/2009, 04:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
How odd, I'm not seeing that on my Pre. Just sent an MMS with picture and text to my own number and two minutes later the message came in with picture and text. If I was you I'd talk to Sprint, as it sounds like you have some specific issue with your account.
No, this has been tested by Sprint and palm with the same result. It works fine from PRE to PRE but not to any of the other phones that have been tested. Try sending to any other phone but a PRE.

Also when my wife sends me a pic w/text from her Rumor 2 I can see both the pic and text. But not when I send to her.
Old 06/23/2009, 06:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubish View Post
I have had only slight delay in MMS. Just update my wife to BB OS 4.5 on her 8330 and have been getting pics non stop. Good pics....
How do you update a BB 8330? My Wife has one and others are able to MMS and hers doesn't.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0