webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > volume control overtaking notification area
volume control overtaking notification area

Old 06/16/2009, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

For the last two days, I've had a strange volume meter show up in the notification area while i was typing a text message. it has an alarm bell icon on the left and then the volume meter. i can't do anything with it. can't tap on it, can't increase the volume (it's all the way down). and i also can't do anything to make it go away. hitting the center button makes it disappear and then reappear. using the 'back' gesture does the same. i can still pull up the launcher bar and the phone still functions normally. i just have to use the launcher to access the apps (i can't get back to card view to close any apps either). it's totally strange and i'm stumped. has anyone else seen this?
mysteray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

can't do much until they have a upgrade firmware update ??
chez83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

have the same issue. Think it might be tied to a defective silence switch (the slide switch next to the power button).

On mine the silence switch is defective - it doesn't silence the phone, but it pops up the volume display and it alternates back and forth between ringing and vibrate - as if someone was rapidly sliding the switch back and forth.

It also pops up if I accidentally bump the silence switch - very annoying. Waiting for my sprint store to get me a replacement phone.

Test your silence switch...
tallisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

actually, i think it might be defective volume control buttons. i noticed once when the bar popped up that the side of my index finger rests against the volume down button on the side of the phone. maybe i'm pressing it in by accident.

can someone please try pushing the volume down button while they are in the messaging app and have the slider open. i'd like to know what happens.

@tallisin the silence switch seems to work just fine.
Old 06/18/2009, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

well, the infamous volume bar has appeared again today. i haven't gotten around to contacting sprint to see if i can get a replacement pre. however, i'm almost certain it has something to do with the down volume button on the side of the phone. i'm able to turn volume up, but not done. which kind of sucks since i had turned my pandora volume all the way up and now i can't turn it down again.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0