webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > WebOS Doctor a full wipe and overlay of original WebOS?
WebOS Doctor a full wipe and overlay of original WebOS?

Old 06/16/2009, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all. I'd like to know if WebOS Reset Doctor (provided on the Palm website: palm.com/ROM) does a complete and utter wipe of my phone. Literally getting rid of everything and reinstalling a full image of an untouched webOS etc. I followed the root guide on Pre Wiki but something wasn't working in the end so I wanted to take my phone back to before I ever did anything to it (creating directories, installing dropbear etc)

Please help as I'm pretty paranoid about this stuff and my mind would be eased if I knew the WebOS Reset Doctor brought me back to before I ever decided to try the rooting

I appreciate all the work everyone is doing, I was just overconfident in my abilities to work the root.

Thank you. I've been on other forums trying to get an answer, but I've recieved no responses.
danootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2009, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't know if this is the same thing but I read about some girl on everythingpre that did something like that from Palm website and it totally bricked her phone. Don't know the link to the thread but might want to go over there and do a search for it. It may not be the same thing you're trying to do. Hope you get the help you need
kidfaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2009, 02:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

No, it's not the same thing. The person who bricked their phone did the website erase (when you log into your Palm Profile).

WebOS doctor brings you back to a stock 1.0.2. I've done it before, worked great. If it's not recognizing your phone right away, turn it off, hold the volume up button, and then plug it in, and you'll see a giant USB logo.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfaces View Post
I don't know if this is the same thing but I read about some girl on everythingpre that did something like that from Palm website and it totally bricked her phone. Don't know the link to the thread but might want to go over there and do a search for it. It may not be the same thing you're trying to do. Hope you get the help you need
Thank you. I think I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
No, it's not the same thing. The person who bricked their phone did the website erase (when you log into your Palm Profile).

WebOS doctor brings you back to a stock 1.0.2. I've done it before, worked great. If it's not recognizing your phone right away, turn it off, hold the volume up button, and then plug it in, and you'll see a giant USB logo.
Thanks, I just needed someone to clarify what specifically webOS doctor does. If it's stock 1.0.2 I guess I'm all right.
danootz is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0