webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > How do I save MMS pictures?
How do I save MMS pictures?

Old 06/16/2009, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I am not having luck finding related posts (I feel like I have to apologize before hate mongers flame me)

I can't figure out how to save an MMS pic that someone sent me. I click on the photo, click the "Copy Photo" button, it says "Successfully copied photo", but then I have no idea where it went or how to keep it. I must be missing something completely obvious. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

All pictures you receive from MMS automatically get saved to a folder in the Photos app called Messaging when you copy them. Just go to that folder and you will find the picture.
brotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick reply...hmmm...in my Photos app, I only have: Photo Roll, All images, downloads, and wallpapers. No Messaging folder. Strange...not sure why I am not getting that folder. I even went back into MMS and copied the photo again, hoping I could "paste" in the Photos app...but no such luck.
Old 06/16/2009, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Can't you just tap on the picture and a menu comes up asking you to save it? And if you do, it ends up in your MMS folder?

I wish I could test it out, but my phone was just replaced, and I don't have any photos in my messaging app.
nKoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Odd. I open the MMS, click the picture and it opens up to a separate window, click copy photo, it says Successfully copied photo, click ok, open the photo app and there's a folder called messaging with the picture in it. I just checked out the manual and thats what it says to do too.

Is the MMS being sent to you from another Pre or someone on sprint? Its possible its a photo format from another phone that you cant save to your Pre. Other than that I don't know what would be causing that.
Old 06/16/2009, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotato View Post
Odd. I open the MMS, click the picture and it opens up to a separate window, click copy photo, it says Successfully copied photo, click ok, open the photo app and there's a folder called messaging with the picture in it. I just checked out the manual and thats what it says to do too.

Is the MMS being sent to you from another Pre or someone on sprint? Its possible its a photo format from another phone that you cant save to your Pre. Other than that I don't know what would be causing that.
I do everything you have done and everything happens with the exception that the Photos app doesn't have the messaging folder.

Good point about another carrier and/or photo format. My friend is on Cincinnati Bell (GSM network), so maybe that's the issue (GSM to Sprint MMS).

Waiting for a Sprint friend to send me an MMS to test further...tick tock tick tock...
Old 06/16/2009, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

That seems to be the problem then. If you wanna pm me your number I can send you a test pic from my Pre so you can try saving that.
Thanked By: timmo
Old 06/16/2009, 03:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotato View Post
That seems to be the problem then. If you wanna pm me your number I can send you a test pic from my Pre so you can try saving that.
Thanks for your help! That worked! So it's either a GSM to Sprint thing, or the photo format from other carriers. Unfortunately, it still won't let me save that 1 photo from my friend, but at least I now have the Messaging folder in the Photos app. Thanks again.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0