Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but I am not having luck finding related posts (I feel like I have to apologize before hate mongers flame me)

I can't figure out how to save an MMS pic that someone sent me. I click on the photo, click the "Copy Photo" button, it says "Successfully copied photo", but then I have no idea where it went or how to keep it. I must be missing something completely obvious. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    All pictures you receive from MMS automatically get saved to a folder in the Photos app called Messaging when you copy them. Just go to that folder and you will find the picture.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply...hmmm...in my Photos app, I only have: Photo Roll, All images, downloads, and wallpapers. No Messaging folder. Strange...not sure why I am not getting that folder. I even went back into MMS and copied the photo again, hoping I could "paste" in the Photos app...but no such luck.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Can't you just tap on the picture and a menu comes up asking you to save it? And if you do, it ends up in your MMS folder?

I wish I could test it out, but my phone was just replaced, and I don't have any photos in my messaging app.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Odd. I open the MMS, click the picture and it opens up to a separate window, click copy photo, it says Successfully copied photo, click ok, open the photo app and there's a folder called messaging with the picture in it. I just checked out the manual and thats what it says to do too.

Is the MMS being sent to you from another Pre or someone on sprint? Its possible its a photo format from another phone that you cant save to your Pre. Other than that I don't know what would be causing that.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brotato View Post
    Odd. I open the MMS, click the picture and it opens up to a separate window, click copy photo, it says Successfully copied photo, click ok, open the photo app and there's a folder called messaging with the picture in it. I just checked out the manual and thats what it says to do too.

Is the MMS being sent to you from another Pre or someone on sprint? Its possible its a photo format from another phone that you cant save to your Pre. Other than that I don't know what would be causing that.
    I do everything you have done and everything happens with the exception that the Photos app doesn't have the messaging folder.

Good point about another carrier and/or photo format. My friend is on Cincinnati Bell (GSM network), so maybe that's the issue (GSM to Sprint MMS).

Waiting for a Sprint friend to send me an MMS to test further...tick tock tick tock...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    That seems to be the problem then. If you wanna pm me your number I can send you a test pic from my Pre so you can try saving that.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brotato View Post
    That seems to be the problem then. If you wanna pm me your number I can send you a test pic from my Pre so you can try saving that.
    Thanks for your help! That worked! So it's either a GSM to Sprint thing, or the photo format from other carriers. Unfortunately, it still won't let me save that 1 photo from my friend, but at least I now have the Messaging folder in the Photos app. Thanks again.