webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > What was your first app to UNISTALL?
What was your first app to UNISTALL?

Old 06/16/2009, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Some of the apps are GREAT so far, Pandora, Tweed and Express Stocks are my favorites.

But other are just poo in my opinion. LikeMe Mobile and Speed Brain got uninstalled after first use.

What was your first to get the axe?

Last edited by twilightpix; 06/16/2009 at 11:16 AM.
twilightpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Speed Brain and Flixster.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
Palm Pre wallpapers
NachoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 11:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

first one i TRIED to uninstall was Nascar crap, only about 2% of people with the pre want that app (pulled those nums from the air haha) But sadly i can't delete it, the first on i really deleted was classic so that i could try to get another 7 day trial to no avial haha. I deleted spaz cuz i liked Tweed better
TMed_ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Maybe you should have kept Speed Brain..
cardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

Maybe you should have kept Speed Brain..
haha.. fail
Old 06/16/2009, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
Speed Brain and Flixster.
why flixster?

i uninstalled classic.

i havent install everything though.
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm really loving me some Pandora!
ronlongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

I originally uninstalled Where because it wasn't able to locate my device. But they fixed the bug in the latest version and I re-installed it.

But I'd have to say the most useless app is "Speed Brain". What a boring piece of garbage.
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: dvdmax
Old 06/16/2009, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
first one i TRIED to uninstall was Nascar crap, only about 2% of people with the pre want that app (pulled those nums from the air haha) But sadly i can't delete it, the first on i really deleted was classic so that i could try to get another 7 day trial to no avial haha. I deleted spaz cuz i liked Tweed better
I tried to get rid of Nascar as well.
GMoney749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Classic.

I actually didn't mean to install it...I hit the install button when I was trying to read reviews for the app, but I figured, what the heck, let's try it.

I then hit the "tap to launch" button in the app store app...and it launched...showing some sort of BSOD error in the app. Joy.

I shut down both apps and tried again. It came up...and I was very unimpressed. Don't get me wrong, it's quite a feat...but I'll wait patiently for new apps. I don't have anything critical on the PalmOs that I can't live without. Sure, I miss some of the capabilities that were in the core PIM apps...as well as the email app (time durations for mail synching anyone?), but those don't seem to be the apps that really leverage this thing. The sandbox they live in makes them largely not very useful.

$0.02

cheers,
Steve
Old 06/16/2009, 12:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

I uninstalled LikeMe Mobile, Citysearch, FlightView, Evernote, Shortcovers, and Goodfood immediately after trying them out.

FlightView is a good app, I just have no need for it. Evernote needs some work but I'm sure it's useful for many, just not me. The other ones were just crap as far as I'm concerned (and there's way too many GPS search programs, I don't really need much more than Google Maps and Sprint Nav anyway).

I had Spaz and Tweed installed for the first week, but decided to keep Spaz and so I got rid of Tweed.

As for SpeedBrain, I kept that, mostly because there's still a dearth of time-killers on the Pre, and it's not that horrible, just limited.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

I got rid of speed brain and fandango.

You would think that since palm is being so restrictive with its sdk access program, that they would want to make sure they get -good- applications. I mean speed brain? How it that anthing that couldn't be done in a web page. Palm should get applications that really show what the platform can do
fish199902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

The first app I installed was Tweed but it was also the first one I uninstalled. It is pretty and everything, but I hated how the search was on the top. Spaz, although has a less aesthetically pleasing design, has cleaner interface.
helenrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
I'm really loving me some Pandora!
Pandora is awesome. I plug in my Pre in my car and it plays wonderfully! Now I just need a Touchstone in my car which can double as a mount...
helenrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

I uninstalled InfoPedia since it is basically a dupe of the wikipedia universal search function
paulg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg1981 View Post
I uninstalled InfoPedia since it is basically a dupe of the wikipedia universal search function
Ditto.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Bujin#IM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightpix View Post
Some of the apps are GREAT so far, Pandora, Tweed and Express Stocks are my favorites.

But other are just poo in my opinion. LikeMe Mobile and Speed Brain got uninstalled after first use.

What was your first to get the axe?
The first two I installed were LikeMe Mobile and Speed Brain. What's wrong with you????

OK, I'm just kidding. Pandora was the first one I installed. Nascar was the first one I tried to install. Tried that before even installing anyting. Spaz was the only one I downloaded then uninstalled. I found Twead easier to use.
hparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

It's funny that most are saying Speed Brain was the first to go.
Old 06/16/2009, 12:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

I uninstalled Fandango as soon as Flixster arrived.
jasonaward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

I think I uninstalled Tweed first, because I ended up using Spaz more. Then I reinstalled it, just to have around. With 8 gigs to play with, I can certainly spare a few KB.
nKoan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0