Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1 ubergeek

while importing and configuring my contacts, i had to tackle with those noises of universal search, i just can't continue to look at the contacts from those stat with T for example, without bypassing those incude T in somewhere....
    moreover, what i want is just a single jump to an address within list, which is almost instantaneous to execute

universal search, on the other hand, tries to figure out every contact that begins or includes the letter whatsoever which leads to a serious lag for results to come considering high numbers of contacts.
    Electronic rolodex

Is there a was to keep to contact database going at the same time? One that syncs automatically and one that is only locally saved? I use my outlook as a contact data base kind of deal and I do not want all my information out there in the clouds.

Also is there a good planner application out there?

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by UberGeek View Post
    Do you have their number?

Seriously, I tweeted palm...hope they are following these forums as well (but I'm not counting on it).
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

BTW, I've thought for a while that the expandable alphabet would be really nice. I keep hoping someone will find a way to make that a patch ... perhaps even me if I ever find the time .
    Quote Originally Posted by curumehli View Post

while importing and configuring my contacts, i had to tackle with those noises of universal search, i just can't continue to look at the contacts from those start with T for example, without bypassing those incude T in somewhere....
    just point of clarafication.
    The universal search only matches the start of name/app (looking at each word of the name or app separately). I think the confusion might be that it matches person's name and their company name. The phone underlines in blue the match. I think the "noise" you see is when it is matching the company name and you don't see any blue.

The Palm article below states searches company name and job title if sync with Exchange. I sync with Google and still matches company name and not job title. Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Searching for information on your phone

>> I do agree it would be nice to find contact without using keyboard.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12