webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Message, mail, phone alerts, PLEASE!!
Message, mail, phone alerts, PLEASE!!

Old 06/15/2009, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Someone please tell me that we will see a update concerning alerts for unchecked message, voice and mail..!!!!!????? If I am dealing a #2 and I get a phone call, IM. and I dont hear it, how am I to know I have missed it? MAYBE it can chirp or blink untill the message it checked. (my 700p did that and I loved it. My BB had a LED blink)
pjbaltimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2009, 11:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hopefully it'll be added in an update. It has been a big requested feature.
gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2009, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Tuesday the 15th at approximately 3:47pm.
mrloserpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2009, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

if you've rooted your pre, you can install this "pager" script. I did - works great! I just copied the default sound as the pager.wav file since it was easy.

http: // predev.wikidot.com/pager (remove spaces)

I also changed the default notification.wav file (instructions on the wiki somewhere) and duplicated the sound 5 or 6 times. Kind of obnoxious but at least i can here it!
moserjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2009, 06:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
if you've rooted your pre, you can install this "pager" script. I did - works great! I just copied the default sound as the pager.wav file since it was easy.

http: // predev.wikidot.com/pager (remove spaces)

I also changed the default notification.wav file (instructions on the wiki somewhere) and duplicated the sound 5 or 6 times. Kind of obnoxious but at least i can here it!
Wish I was a Pre Hacker !
Huncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2009, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

I agree... i'm always missing that single "vibrate/chirp" had this feature on the 650.
antonio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 06:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

yeah right. no updates since the day after I bought it (which was the date it went on sale)
1seer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

If you're dealing a #2, why don't you have the phone with you? My phone always comes with me to the bathroom. It's what keeps me entertained while I do my business.

But yes, some sort of notification like the button flashing or something would be nice.
erod550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

I wish there was a decent game to play while sitting on the throne. Suduko seems to freeze other functions on the pre.
YafaKlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2009, 06:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

ditto on fixing the notifications (with out rooting), and ditto on it coming with me. yah slashdot and youtube
Funky Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0