Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, until someone throws up a free flashlight app in the App store. Here is a workaround:

1) Open slider and type "Blank Page". Click Google

2) Select the first web result "This Page Intentionally Left Blank".

3) Go to Web Preferences (top-left corner) and go to Page>Add to Launcher. Click "Add to Launcher"

4) Click to the left of title and replace with "FLASHLIGHT". Skip 4a if you know how to accomplish this.

4a) This can be accomplished by using the Orange button + sliding your finger to the beginning or end of the text. Then using Shift + sliding your finger to highlight the text and typing over the text that is there.

5) Click on Image and drag the box so it is in a completely white section of the page. Click "Done"

5) Click on "Add to Launcher"

6) Enjoy!

Feel free to thank me if you find this helpful
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    Ok, until someone throws up a free flashlight app in the App store. Here is a workaround:

1) Open slider and type "Blank Page". Click Google

2) Select the first web result "This Page Intentionally Left Blank".

3) Go to Web Preferences (top-left corner) and go to Page>Add to Launcher. Click "Add to Launcher"

4) Click to the left of title and replace with "FLASHLIGHT". Skip 4a if you know how to accomplish this.

4a) This can be accomplished by using the Orange button + sliding your finger to the beginning or end of the text. Then using Shift + sliding your finger to highlight the text and typing over the text that is there.

5) Click on Image and drag the box so it is in a completely white section of the page. Click "Done"

5) Click on "Add to Launcher"

6) Enjoy!

Feel free to thank me if you find this helpful

Ah, just a white screen. This is pretty clever anyway, but I was hoping for a work around that allowed using the camera flash as a flashlight--now that would be bright!
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Ah, just a white screen. This is pretty clever anyway, but I was hoping for a work around that allowed using the camera flash as a flashlight--now that would be bright!
    Yeah, I'm sure that will make its way into the app store. Hopefully sooner than later
  4. UserOne
    This is a good work-around for the time being, but I too would like to see the camera flash flashlight idea as well. Especially, since it seems alot of people are turning down their screen brightness to conserve battery life.

L8R
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure that will make its way into the app store. Hopefully sooner than later
    Yes, this and the hack to disable camera sound ..
  7. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by pandit.manish View Post
    If you turn all sound off (by flipping the toggle switch at the top of the phone), the camera no longer makes the shutter sound.

L8R
    i thought this would be to use the flash as a flashlight. thanks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandit.manish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre_3000 View Post
    i thought this would be to use the flash as a flashlight. thanks though.
    Just root your phone--you can already control the actual camera flash--as well as disable the camera sound.

You can even control the brightness of the flash.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Just root your phone--you can already control the actual camera flash--as well as disable the camera sound.

You can even control the brightness of the flash.
    You can control the flash and the camera sounds without rooting into your phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    You can control the flash and the camera sounds without rooting into your phone...
    How do you do that, exactly? I haven't been keeping up--has someone released a homebrew application for this?
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    How do you do that, exactly? I haven't been keeping up--has someone released a homebrew application for this?
    You can turn the sound off by toggling the ringer switch, and you have three settings with the camera flash: always on, auto, and off.
    that doesn't give you REAL control--like a flash light. I meant that with root control, you have full, real control. You can can pick between 7 brightness levels.

You can also modify the camera application to not make a sound anymore--regardless of your phone sound preferences.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I just introduced a new flashlight app for those who would like that sort of thing.

To install:
    1. Go to flashlight.4sps.org on your pre's web browser
    2. In the drop-down menu, select "Page", then "Add to launcher"
    3. If you need it brighter, increase your brightness in the "Screen & lock" app

Warning-this may drain your battery with prolonged use.

Remember, this is shareware, if you want to continue using it, you must pay me $400,000 per month. j/k
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Here is a new flashlight app for those who would like that sort of thing.

To install:
    1. Go to pre on your pre's web browser

enjoy!
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    lol... ok. That's one way to do it.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    Here is a new flashlight app for those who would like that sort of thing.

To install:
    1. Go to pre on your pre's web browser

enjoy!
    Please search
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    A white page. Because we couldn't get that by going to Google.

I'll give you points for trying to get some free traffic on your site
    thanks, works.

one day it'd be cool to see one via the flash, but i occasionally found myself using a similar app on the G1. technically this isnt an app, but useful none the less.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast