Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

pretty cool
  2.    #2  
    wow...same guy already made a camcorder app!

Palm where are you at!
    Pretty neat.
    Follow Me On

Mmmmm must have.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    So...am I correct in thinking this means that such apps are not too far behind for those of us unable to manage the code ourselves?
  6.    #6  
    If this guy was able to do this already...we should have a camera and video camera update from PALM.......... SOON.
    wow this is really nice, IIRC the iPhone had the same problem with no vedio recording and someone made an app for it. its nice to see the ease that users have in customizing their phones.
    I think that soon many apps will appear and it will make the experience that much better with this phone. as always hoping that Palm will soon come out with the UMTS phone, i cant wait to buy it it would be so awsome...
    I wonder, will there be a jailbreaking group for webOS as there is with the iPhone Dev Team?
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I would love to make these modifications on my phone but i am affraid to brick my pre. Hopefully someone makes an app similar to Cydia
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    How do you root it I am stuck at the part after installing Python?
    i hope they have this in an update soon or app.
    yeah im curious to see how I can get an app or program outside of the app store...is it possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by northy014 View Post
    I wonder, will there be a jailbreaking group for webOS as there is with the iPhone Dev Team?
    You're not locked to one distribution channel for Pre apps so I don't know that you will need to jailbreak anything.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    wow...same guy already made a camcorder app!

Palm where are you at!
    well, although it's nice to know it's this easy to make camera apps, this is not a video recording app. the video is 1 frame per second... that's just a bunch of photos put together.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Looks really promising! Can't wait for official stuff that regular users can put on their Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    well, although it's nice to know it's this easy to make camera apps, this is not a video recording app. the video is 1 frame per second... that's just a bunch of photos put together.
    What did you think video was??
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    What did you think video was??
    +1 now if we can get 18-30 of them a second we would have it made
    So how do i get this into my pre
    I don't think the video recording capability will be the same as simply using the camera app to take multiple pictures. The post-processing that the camera app does has GOT to be too much for the phone to handle, particularly at 24-30 frames per second.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I don't think the video recording capability will be the same as simply using the camera app to take multiple pictures. The post-processing that the camera app does has GOT to be too much for the phone to handle, particularly at 24-30 frames per second.
    Plus, I doubt they will use the native resolution of the camera. They have processing and storage capacity to consider. I bet Palm is working on it and just making sure everything fits into the capabilities of the Pre without compromizing useability and storage capacity. Also, I bet it launches with the ability to upload to youtube and facebook, so they may be working on that as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast