Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Almost all of the shoutcast.com streams shoudl work since they're mp3 streams.

I'm below the lame 10 post limit - but the url is shoutcast.com /radio/Talk
    -mark
    That's funny I couldn't get any of the Shoutcast stuff to work. And if it did it would only play for 30 seconds.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    good thread guys.. i was gonna add a couple links but i'm under the 10 post limit? Lol
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    swurvradio.com /listen192.pls

radio.4elementsradio.com :90/listen.pls

(just remove spaces)
    WHRV 89.5 out of Norfolk, VA:

64.5.130.41 / listen.pls

(take out spaces)

I'm going to go ahead and assume that WHRO 90.3 will also play, since they are sister stations and both are linked through the whro(dot)org site. Just choose the winamp 128 option from the list, since the winamp 32 option doesn't seem to work, if you're coming from the main page.

WHRV is your standard All Things Considered, BBC, NPR stuff, with an awesome modern rock, blues and americana show in the evening (out of the box), followed by jazz.

WHRO is the classical music sister.
    Good idea (mobile bookmarks). I have been using yahoo bookmarks for years on the desktop but I can find a mobile interface. Is anyone here using yahoo mobile bookmarks?
    "george.hall" - you wouldn't happen tobe "Snowshack" George Hall, would you?
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post
    WHRV 89.5 out of Norfolk, VA:

64.5.130.41 / listen.pls

(take out spaces)

I'm going to go ahead and assume that WHRO 90.3 will also play, since they are sister stations and both are linked through the whro(dot)org site. Just choose the winamp 128 option from the list, since the winamp 32 option doesn't seem to work, if you're coming from the main page.

WHRV is your standard All Things Considered, BBC, NPR stuff, with an awesome modern rock, blues and americana show in the evening (out of the box), followed by jazz.

WHRO is the classical music sister.
    FYI, the various WHRO streams, including WHRV and the HD Radio streams are already included in the working station listings at MyPreRadio.com - Streaming Online Radio Stations for Palm Pre.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Great tip! KJZZ in Tempe, AZ (NPR programming + classic Jazz at night) works great. kjzz.org:8080/livestream/connect_high.m3u
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I wish we could get an AOL/CBS radio streaming app. I badly badly need WJFK in DC on this thing
    Yeah I need WJFK, do the Junkies expect me to carry a radio around with me EVERYWHERE? Need this App asap
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    Yeah I need WJFK, do the Junkies expect me to carry a radio around with me EVERYWHERE? Need this App asap
    No doubt. I'd be very happy to add WCBS-AM in NYC (news) and KROQ-FM in L.A. (alternative) for my own use, but they're CBS Radio stations. We really don't need an app for CBS Radio stations, just a firmware update that solves the 15-30 second cutoff mystery.
    KPCC (souther california public radio)
    kpcclive1.publicradio.org/listen.pls

great. didnt think of this before.
  12. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Put my pre in a web-opening loop!!!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    How about KiddKraddick
    Anyone know of any local stations in Northern California (talk and news) that would work with the pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by friedchicken View Post
    KPCC (souther california public radio)
    kpcclive1.publicradio.org/listen.pls

great. didnt think of this before.
    Added to MyPreRadio.com. Thank you!
    MyPreRadio.com is great. Thanks.
    KCRW in Los Angeles:

legacy.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwsimulcast.pls
    Quote Originally Posted by taienya View Post
    MyPreRadio.com is great. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by plury
    KCRW in Los Angeles:

legacy.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwsimulcast.pls
    Already listed here: MyPreRadio.com - Variety Radio Stations for Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Why doesn't WNYC work? It's an mp3 stream. Does the pre require something special to be able to stream an mp3 stream?
    Quote Originally Posted by skaeight View Post
    Why doesn't WNYC work? It's an mp3 stream. Does the pre require something special to be able to stream an mp3 stream?
    I've looked into this problem. I believe it should be classified as a bug. Here's a thread I started at the Palm support forums detailing what I believe may be causing this bug. Unfortunately, there's no word that this has been bumped up to the developers as an actual bug. At this point, if we publicize it enough, we might get some acknowledgment.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast