Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I like sports radio, particularly my local Boston station, 850AM WEEI. I can't get the Pre to stream live audio, it says I need to flash for that... but I can get it to play the Audio On Demand from their website.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Could someone try KFI AM640 from LA
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    A pet project has been to catalog stations found to currently work on the Pre. The Pre-optimized website for the list is MyPreRadio.com - Streaming Online Radio Stations for Palm Pre.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, Columbus OH 90.5 FM WCBE.ORG only plays for 42 seconds
    Columbus OH AM 820 WOSU.ORG fails even more miserably, all I get is a spinning circle and then an "error playing the file."
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltaco View Post
    Could someone try KFI AM640 from LA
    That site runs Flash so we're out of luck for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    That site runs Flash so we're out of luck for the time being.
    There's also a WM stream, but unfortunately neither format will play on the Pre currently. For more info see MyPreRadio.com - Get Help Streaming Online Radio Stations to your Palm Pre
    I listen to rush limbaugh from WKGE-WWGE (The EDGE) i have no idea where this staion is located, only that it streams rush on my pre lol
    edge-radio.com

use the listen with Winamp button
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle3om View Post
    I listen to rush limbaugh from WKGE-WWGE (The EDGE) i have no idea where this staion is located, only that it streams rush on my pre lol
    edge-radio.com

Thanks! I've added the station to MyPreRadio.com under both News and Sports.
    Public Radio means NPR (National PUBLIC RADIO)

thanks for the links!!! very handy.
    Anyone have success with wfan out of ny only able to stream 30 seconds

Fred
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I know all of SomaFM.com stations work on the pre.
    Here are two more to add:

WBUR@ Boston, MA http://www.wbur.org/wp-content/theme.../shoutcast.pls
    Covenant Network (Catholic Radio),St. Louis, MO http://66.138.135.77:8000/listen.pls
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I've added WBUR to MyPreRadio.com. I didn't add the Covenant Network because the site is currently limited to terrestrial radio stations that play correctly on the Pre, and from what I can see Covenant Network is Internet only.
    Anyone able to bookmark these links without manually entering them? Seem to go directly to the Web: Streaming. I have only been able to make a "throw away" bookmark, then go in and change with the data I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    I've added WBUR to MyPreRadio.com. I didn't add the Covenant Network because the site is currently limited to terrestrial radio stations that play correctly on the Pre, and from what I can see Covenant Network is Internet only.
    Thank you for adding WBUR. Covenant Network is definitely a terrestrial radio station (actually several) in the St. Louis, Mo area).

This page (Covenant Network Programming Schedule) shows the call letters within the schedules. The programming is largely taken from EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network, Global Catholic Network). Eternal World Television Network, which is has substantial Internet, Cable, and web audiences. On weekends, Covenant Network has their own programming often including local experts.

If I'm able to find more radio stations that balance out WBUR (somewhat liberal) or Covenant Network (somewhat conservative), I'll add them to the thread (and I would encourage other forum readers to do the same. (This is how we get a rich set of alternatives for Pre listeners to enjoy.

thank you,
    --
    Bob
    Agreed, Bob - the more the better as far as I'm concerned. Forgive me for failing to notice the call letters - I'm indisposed with a work matter at the moment but will add the station most likely this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    Agreed, Bob - the more the better as far as I'm concerned. Forgive me for failing to notice the call letters - I'm indisposed with a work matter at the moment but will add the station most likely this evening.
    There is a phone number on the "Donate" link that either you or I could call and ask them which station is most "predominant". I'm listening to some video training on laptop at the moment, otherwise I'd listen a while and see which call letters they mention first in their regular station ID announcements.

thanks, -- Bob
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Almost all of the shoutcast.com streams shoudl work since they're mp3 streams.

I'm below the lame 10 post limit - but the url is shoutcast.com /radio/Talk
    -mark
    Covenant Network is now added to the "Religious" category on MyPreRadio.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle3om View Post
    edge-radio.com

THANK YOU so much! I've been looking everywhere for a decent talk radio station to get my Laura Ingraham and Rush fix.

Anyone have tips on where I can listen to Dr. Laura on my Pre? I'm looking at the stations linked above but it's hard to go through and look at all their schedules.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast