1.    #1  
    What are your favorite quick-launch apps and why?

Please list your launch icons and any unique/interesting/funny reason why. I'll start things off

1. Messenger
    2. Web
    3. Calendar
    4. Email

I personally found the phone launcher to be more or less useless since I can easily get to my contacts via universal search. What does everyone think?
    Personally, I like the phone launcher. There are often times when I need to call a number not in my contacts and I like having that quick access. I have...

1. Phone
    2. Messenger
    3. Emal
    4. Calendar

The contacts is pretty much useless with universal search IMO.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinlop View Post
    Personally, I like the phone launcher. There are often times when I need to call a number not in my contacts and I like having that quick access. I have...

1. Phone
    2. Messenger
    3. Emal
    4. Calendar

Did you know universal search also works with numbers as well? From card view, just start typing using the orange numbers on the QWERTY and the Pre will assume you're dialing a number.

AND, although you may think this means you can't start a universal search with the letters ERT, DFG, or ZXC, you can! Just keep typing and once you hit a key that's not associated with an orange number, it will switch to text and you can continue on with your universal search query.

And yes, I agree that the contacts launcher is pretty darn useless.
    Wow! I didn't realize that. Think I'll put the web in the quick launch after all. Thanks for the tip, dumb cat!
    I see in pictures and other posts that you can change which 4 applications are in the quick launch bar. How do I do this?

Thank you
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    1. Phone
    2. Messenger
    3. GF's contact page
    4. Web Browser
    Quote Originally Posted by vinlop View Post

1. Phone
    2. Messenger
    3. Emal
    4. Calendar

Agreed, I have the same 4 in the same order. Universal search really helps a lot!
    Phone_Web_Tweed_Messenger
    Web, Email, Camera, Calendar. For most other things, I use Universal Search.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    1. Music player
    2. Messaging
    3. Web Browser
    4. Camera

I wish I could have just 2 more
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    What are your favorite quick-launch apps and why?

Please list your launch icons and any unique/interesting/funny reason why. I'll start things off

1. Messenger
    2. Web
    3. Calendar
    4. Email

I personally found the phone launcher to be more or less useless since I can easily get to my contacts via universal search. What does everyone think?
    Same. Wish I could get rid of the launcher icon, I've never used it. Not sure what I'd put there, but whatever I chose, it would be is more useful.
    Im used to the iPhone layout so I went with phone, mail,web,music.

Although I use the quick search more than anything.
    1. Phone
    2. Messaging
    3. Calendar
    4. Tasks (modded!)
    Mine's Messaging, Email, Calendar, Web.

I'm considering pulling one of them off of it though, probably calendar since that's pretty much always open. The reason is I find that I'm horribly inaccurate when I try to use the wave launcher quickly.
    web, email, calendar, camera

I would like to replace the launcher button with a different app and I would also like to see the wave launcher with 4 icons that differ from the quick-launch.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    From left to right... Phone - Text - Tweed - Email - Launcher. It's all about communication baby!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quick Contacts - Accuradio - Camera - Music Player Remix
    phone-web-text-music
    Quick Contacts
    Web browser
    Email
    Calendar