webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Careful with your clock/ alarm app
Careful with your clock/ alarm app

Old 06/17/2009, 10:35 AM   #61 (permalink)

I woke up 30 seconds before my pre's alarm went off. I opened my pre to turn off the alarm and as soon as the screen turned on the alarm started going. Nearly made me drop the phone because i was trying not to wake my GF.
emikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2009, 10:41 AM   #62 (permalink)

I close all cards before bed anyway, or whenever i pocket my phone unless im im'ing. I didnt wake up to my pre alarm on the first morning after i got it because the battery was so wack at first and it died, luckily my GF woke me only 15 mins after my alarm and i was able to rush and still be ontime
TMed_ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2009, 01:10 PM   #63 (permalink)

They need to go back and address this. Yesterday my alarm didn't go off until I dismissed some notifications for some strange reason, then today it decides to go off around 7:40, when I have it set for 6:20, and the only thing I did was unlock the phone.

And everything was working fine up until yesterday.
reminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2009, 01:20 PM   #64 (permalink)

There are definitely some bugs.

I just snooze'd a calendar event, then moved it ahead one hour, but the snooze activated again 5 mins later. duh
ION-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2009, 01:48 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
There are definitely some bugs.

I just snooze'd a calendar event, then moved it ahead one hour, but the snooze activated again 5 mins later. duh
That happens on Outlook and WM phones too.

You have to totally dismiss the notification, then move it, and make sure a new notification is set.
ScrapMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 11:32 AM   #66 (permalink)

I did like auto on auto off on Blackberry, I just tested PRE, when off alarm DOES NOT WORK. Good to know
philb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 04:46 PM   #67 (permalink)

I am a real novice with this monster-when I swipe a card upward have I 'closed' it as far as the alarm is concerned?
Jfscars48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2009, 04:50 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
I am a real novice with this monster-when I swipe a card upward have I 'closed' it as far as the alarm is concerned?
Think of it as a 'smart' close. It does not shut off alarms. When you flip a card off the screen, you aren't supposed to lose any data, it's a minimize/close... It works pretty well.
Old 06/29/2009, 03:12 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2lawson View Post
I had my alarm not go off Wed morning. I believe the reason for it was that I had a calendar entry set for the entire day Wed, that was set to notify me, and since this notification was up, the alarm was queued up behind it, and didn't sound until I had dealt with the earlier notification.
Was this fixed in any of the updates yet?

Thanks in advance...
iceburn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2009, 03:18 PM   #70 (permalink)

Honestly, I never really had this problem to begin with. The only time it was a factor was if I had an alarm go off, then hit snooze, THEN a calendar alert goes off. If I don't acknowledge that alert, it can interfere with my alarm un-snoozing.
Old 06/30/2009, 06:21 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburn68 View Post
Was this fixed in any of the updates yet?

Thanks in advance...
No! I missed out on going to the gym this morning. I woke up and the notification was there for the alarm, but no sound. Then I checked it again by stetting an alarm for 5 minutes, again, notification and a small vibrate, but no sound. I couldn't get the alarm to work until I dismissed the IM notification I had. And I've never had any problems with it before today. I'm assumed it had to do with the 1.04 update until I saw this thread.
asforme is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0