Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Man am I the only one who wants Loopt? darn.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    flash(think this would be more an update then an ap), orb, facebook and aol/cbs radio(why not we have pandora)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasonB View Post
    I want Facebook too
    There's no facebook? WTF?! Whats the point of all of these facebook related adds if no app is available?
    Japanese IME
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    There's no facebook? WTF?! Whats the point of all of these facebook related adds if no app is available?
    Since you can hit the web, what's the point of a facebook app?

I'll take:

Kindle
    Bejeweled, poker, chess, other casual games
    A decent finance app
    Amazon app for video
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That's what I was wondering. The link they have is convenient for quick and go to the main site for more involved tasks.

I would like to see:
    Email that works incase Palm doesn't fix theirs
    Quicken - It was so convenient on my Treo
    That app that tells you where you parked your car
    iPod Control for car stereos and such. If I put it in USB mode, I can't use any other features

Most of what I want are bugfixes/additions to Palm software:
    Email that doesn't kill your battery like crazy
    Working signal - it dropped a call twice in a half hour during off hours and I've had problems with it not connecting to the data network when an app requests it (reboot required)
    Y!IM
    Flash support would be amazing
    Copy text from anywhere - to me, this is the biggest oversight. If someone texts me an address or I need to copy something from a webpage, this is important
    Video recording
    AIM syncing that works
    Universal Spellcheck would be nice
    Ability to turn off data network and only receive calls
    Ability to change text/email ringtones - the default is awful
    Slingplayer
    Facebook
    Slacker
    iHeartRadio
    Sirius (Stern on the go!)
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ereader
    MSN Messenger
    Slingbox
    Video Recording
    Virtual Keyboard for landscape web browsing
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    How bout some fart apps. or fake beer, lighter, boob jiggly thingy.

jokes.

But for real, we need Shazzam, Midomi and some fun games.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Well, then ditto for New York Times or AP app. It's a reader or aggregator. Condenses everything I need so I don't have to go crawling all over the place.

The Facebook app on my Treo gave me just about everything I need Facebook for in the short term. Post status update, read status update. C'est tout.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emikey View Post
    How bout some fart apps. or fake beer, lighter, boob jiggly thingy.
    The Pre will never be taken seriously as a smart phone without Jiggly Boobs. Trust me on this. Corporate America, well, male corporate America will absolutely go wild with it.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Actually I find the interface of, say, the iPhone's Facebook app to be more efficient, easier to navigate, etc. than any of the web versions of facebook (mobile or not). Right now I'm using m.facebook.com and I have to do a lot of pinching and panning to navigate, comment, etc. It was much more effective to access that interface on my Treo where I could use the rocker to tab through links and the text was sized appropriately for the screen.

Yes, a Facebook app creates an interface ideal for the Pre. I guess the need for it depends on how heavily you use Facebook.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkurt View Post
    Windows Media Center Remote!
    sigh. man after my own heart. i wouldn't dare ask for that at this point since there are so many other bases to cover first, but based on how beautifully Windows 7's media center is shaping up to be, that'd be great to have someday. Check out media browser if you wanna see an awesome front-end for playing movies in VMC/7MC.
    Anything that accomplishes network file transfer over wifi would be real nice.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    radio app
    facebook
    yahoo im
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Actually I find the interface of, say, the iPhone's Facebook app to be more efficient, easier to navigate, etc. than any of the web versions of facebook (mobile or not). Right now I'm using m.facebook.com and I have to do a lot of pinching and panning to navigate, comment, etc. It was much more effective to access that interface on my Treo where I could use the rocker to tab through links and the text was sized appropriately for the screen.

Yes, a Facebook app creates an interface ideal for the Pre. I guess the need for it depends on how heavily you use Facebook.
    the iPhone's version of facebook is x.facebook.com go use it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by mrboba View Post
    the iPhone's version of facebook is x.facebook.com go use it :P
    That's where the Facebook button takes you on the Pre. It sucks.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    it may suck to you but he specifically said he liked the iPhone's version, and the Pre uses the same exact version.

Nokia's S60 and BlackBerry OS and PalmOS all have facebook apps; don't worry, webOS will get one too. i guarantee it.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I have a feeling that the poster who said he/she likes the iphone's version of facebook is NOT talking about the iPhone-web-version. The iPhone and iPod Touch have a dedicated Facebook app that is way faster and more convenient to use than a web app. This is what most of us heavy Facebook users are clamoring for. As someone who has used all of the above, I can wholeheartedly support the claim that 'x.facebook.com sucks' by comparison.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast