webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > New App: Evernote
New App: Evernote

Old 06/11/2009, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

New app "Evernote" just appeared.
shadowgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

sweet. I advise everybody to check this out. Awesome app.
mobileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

splashid just showed up too
gibsonhtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is there way to see the app store without a Pre. I'm waiting for 3rd party improvements on the Memos and Tasks apps before purchasing one and would like to see what's offered in the next few months.
klynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

unless someone posts a screenshot for you..
NM08SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes it would be great to access the App store on a website on my home pc, just to see what's available.
shadowgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Not very impressed with the evernote app. The Pre's small screen hinders this one unfortunately. =(

-------------------------------------
Discuss my apps in my developer forum
Kev1000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 06:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Has anyone actually gotten evernote's text recognition to work with pictures? I signed up for an account waay way back and figured it might be just not working yet. Today I d/l the app and tried again and it STILL doesn't work. I'm not talking about fancy or unconventional typefaces in the pictures either. It just doesn't seem to work.
un_designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 06:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Can someone explain the point of this app? I dont think i get it....
GrantMeThePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yay! Evernote has arrived. One step closer...
JRBTempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 06:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Nice! I am a long time Evernote user and I highly recommend this free service to everyone.

I had been using my pre browser to acess my notes until now.

I have over 2000 evernotes and I can always find the one I am looking for in about 1 second.

The free desktop software is also excellent!
RC46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 06:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

SWEET! That was one app I really missed from my iphone!
dbarrett5381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 06:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
SWEET! That was one app I really missed from my iphone!
yup. But unfortunately it isn't nearly the same experience. Its been real slow for me, keeps asking to close other cards and deletes don't seem to register. ii hope they update it soon.
urkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 06:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

YES.
Baryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 06:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

That is absolutely outstanding. It's the one piece of software I was missing from my Touch Pro. And it's funny, because Evernote's been very coy about producing software for the Pre. So, either they've really been working on it all this time, or they've just found it very easy to develop for. Or both.

And, to boot, it's better than the Windows Mobile version. Editing!!! Very awesome.

Edit: Oh, and incidentally, anyone looking for a good notes application should skip right past the Pre's notes (even if they were as good as or better than those on previous Palm devices) and use Evernote. You can create a free account that is immeasurably valuable and create notes to your heart's content, all while being able to access them from any PC with the Evernote software installed (or, from the Web version). I've not been worried about how weak the Pre's notes are because I've been expecting an Evernote client at some point--just not this quickly.

It's like Christmas in June.

Last edited by wynand32; 06/11/2009 at 06:50 PM.
wynand32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by jbg7474, musk
Old 06/11/2009, 06:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Can apps be designed to auto-switch to landscape when the phone is flipped? Evernote would surely benefit from this.
gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 06:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

YES!!!! I only discovered Evernote a few weeks ago. It's a fabulous notes/memo program. I mainly use it for two purposes (1) easily clip web pages from the desktop browser; and (2) a phone call log. It pops up on the desktop in any program simply by pressing control-alt-n. I'm excited to give the Pre app a test drive.
Old 06/11/2009, 06:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Great! I love evernote.
cjdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heberman View Post
YES!!!! I only discovered Evernote a few weeks ago. It's a fabulous notes/memo program. I mainly use it for two purposes (1) easily clip web pages from the desktop browser; and (2) a phone call log. It pops up on the desktop in any program simply by pressing control-alt-n. I'm excited to give the Pre app a test drive.
Seems pretty nice, even offers editing. Only weakness I've found so far (compared to other mobile Evernote apps, at least) is that notes created while disconnected don't seem to be saved and then uploaded later. I created one while in Airplane Mode, and did the "swipe to close and automatically save" gesture. When connected, this works--the note is uploaded. When not connected, the note just disappeared.

Otherwise, very cool. Beats the Windows Mobile version hands down.

Edit: It DOES save when in Airplane Mode. And indeed, you don't use the "swipe to close and save" gesture. You need to hit the little folder icon to save first, and then swipe to close. Needs a little more feedback when saving while connected, but it's very clear when you save when disconnected.

Last edited by wynand32; 06/11/2009 at 07:11 PM.
wynand32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
New app "Evernote" just appeared.
Thanks for the heads up. Evernote is one of my favorite apps. Now my notes are synced on 2 PC's and my Pre!
michaelone is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0