webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > New App: Evernote
New App: Evernote

Old 06/11/2009, 11:24 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless_smile View Post
(I still allow for the possibility that I'm completely clueless.)
Aren't we all!
Old 06/11/2009, 11:28 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heberman View Post
Aren't we all!
I won't speak for anyone else, but I know I often am!
careless_smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 11:39 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempete View Post
I think that I entered the password wrong on my first login attempt from my Pre, and I got the loading animation for a long time. I closed the program,
reopened it, and entered my password
(correctly!) when prompted, and
Evernote loaded right away.
Ok thanks I ended up reinstalling and worked fine I probally had PW entered wrong from start, now to figure out how to use it LOL
driver231610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2009, 12:13 AM   #44 (permalink)

ok i reinstalled and all good

also if u dont have an account or enter wrong combo of username password it wont tell u that. itll jus stay on loading screen
Jupiter600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2009, 12:16 AM   #45 (permalink)

on desktop i started a to-do list
u have to hit cntrl-shift-c to start a task row
how do u do this on the pre tho? no cntrl button
Old 06/12/2009, 12:35 AM   #46 (permalink)

Yeah, I can't scroll all the way to the left on the memo that came w/ the account (I just signed up). But if this allows 2 Pres to be logged in, then this will be a great solution!
BMIC50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2009, 12:49 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
Yeah, I can't scroll all the way to the left on the memo that came w/ the account (I just signed up). But if this allows 2 Pres to be logged in, then this will be a great solution!
You can log into Evernote with however many systems you like. In a typical day, I'm logged in with my desktop at home, my desktop replacement notebook and Tablet PC at work, and now my Pre. System doesn't care, and will sync all of them without problem.
Old 06/12/2009, 12:50 AM   #48 (permalink)

I suggest that everyone go to Remember Everything. | Evernote Corporation and create a forum account (not the same username and password as your Evernote account, oddly enough). Post your problems there. They're typically very quick to respond, and they release updates on an ongoing basis. Great company all around, in my opinion, and I couldn't be more excited about this application.
Old 06/12/2009, 01:01 AM   #49 (permalink)

just the app I wanted! Yeah!
jade408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2009, 01:12 AM   #50 (permalink)

I asked about PDF files attached to Evernote notes.

Developer said that there is a bug in the Pre PDF code. That means you can't open PDFs on the Pre side.

There is another PDF bug. If you click a PDF bookmark in PDF viewer, it freezes.
Old 06/12/2009, 02:28 AM   #51 (permalink)

Does the Pre version of this app do voice recording?
carrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2009, 02:35 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrel View Post
Does the Pre version of this app do voice recording?
good question, i need that

i record every Police traffic stop that is made on me
Old 06/12/2009, 05:28 AM   #53 (permalink)

Gonna try it out...
Old 06/12/2009, 05:46 AM   #54 (permalink)

Ok, so I get how Evernote works on my laptop. But on the Pre? What can you possibly save? You can'T select text on a website. You can't save a pic from a website. I have no idea how to send a picture taken with the Pre to Evernote, either. Do I have to go to Evernote first?
Old 06/12/2009, 06:21 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musk View Post
If you've looked over the Evernote website and aren't sure what to make of it then it's probably not for you.
Thats kind of cold..........
SolarPlexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2009, 06:27 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantMeThePower View Post
Can someone explain the point of this app? I dont think i get it....
It really is a note taking program on steroids.

You can create notes from either a fat client based program, (windows, iphone, mac, pre, etc)or the web. The notes are syncronized with evernote's servers and subsequently syncs the data to whatever device you are using with the client program.

Last edited by solar_plexus; 06/12/2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: horrible spelling
SolarPlexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2009, 06:29 AM   #57 (permalink)

Ok, I figured out that you can email stuff to your Evernote account, and it will appear as a note there.

I'll leave the app up, but I just don't know if I will use it. If I see something I like, I just email it to myself.
Old 06/12/2009, 06:50 AM   #58 (permalink)

for those of you wondering what the point of evernote is - here's another scenario...

We have replaced our physical filing cabinet with Evernote. All invoices, receipts, etc that were on paper - now exist in Evernote. You can search for text in IMAGES - so, if you are trying to find that receipt for "Steak House" you can just type in "steak" and it will find that on the receipt and present it to you.

It's like having every document you own in your pocket - a client asks me how much they paid for a computer they ordered a year ago - and I can pull up the invoice and look at it right there...

You can use the Pre camera to take photos of receipts, deposit slips, etc and they go right into your evernote account.

Another powerful feature you aren't seeing on the Pre is "labels or tags" where you can give one item (a receipt for example) multiple tags such as "client Jones" and "Food Expense" and it will show up in both places in evernote (yet only exists once - saves space).

There are some limitations on this first version for the Pre though and I'm hoping they get these worked out.
wfcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by daisyrunr, larnapp
Old 06/12/2009, 08:40 AM   #59 (permalink)

I use Evernote for work and it's been great. I don't know where all these negative reviews are coming from on the app catalog. People don't understand what version 1.0 means.
billybennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2009, 09:21 AM   #60 (permalink)

So memos anywhere... sounds good, I wish I could search for those menos from universal search though. Also, what is the best way to import Outlook Notes to Evernote? I've been copying and pasting some manually.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0