webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > New App: Evernote
New App: Evernote

Old 06/11/2009, 07:05 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
Seems pretty nice, even offers editing. Only weakness I've found so far (compared to other mobile Evernote apps, at least) is that notes created while disconnected don't seem to be saved and then uploaded later. I created one while in Airplane Mode, and did the "swipe to close and automatically save" gesture. When connected, this works--the note is uploaded. When not connected, the note just disappeared.

Otherwise, very cool. Beats the Windows Mobile version hands down.
I don't quite understand your problem. Is your note lost if you are not connected? Or does it just not appear until you are online?
Old 06/11/2009, 07:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantMeThePower View Post
Can someone explain the point of this app? I dont think i get it....
If you've looked over the Evernote website and aren't sure what to make of it then it's probably not for you.

For me, I've been trying to figure out how to replace my Palm OS Memos and this handles that plus more. In fact, I hadn't previously used Evernote because I was reliant on Palm OS memos. Guess I can start using it now
musk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

i looooveeee evernote. so excited to see it on the pre. used it on windows mobile & blackberry and on my desktop. keep 'em coming palm.
laestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

How do you get the ringtones to be louder? I downloaded from this website
it did not work. Any other ideas?
buckeyefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musk View Post
If you've looked over the Evernote website and aren't sure what to make of it then it's probably not for you.

For me, I've been trying to figure out how to replace my Palm OS Memos and this handles that plus more. In fact, I hadn't previously used Evernote because I was reliant on Palm OS memos. Guess I can start using it now
Maybe I'm not looking at the right part of the website, but I haven't found it to be that helpful so far. From what I have read, this sounds like something I'd like to use. I just haven't figured out exactly how to use it yet.
careless_smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

iphone evernote experience is much better. pre version definitely needs work
curiousobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

i tryin to log in and it just hangs?????

just says loading, am i doing something wrong?
Jupiter600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 09:01 PM   #28 (permalink)

Wow, I'm shocked this happened so fast. I was using this on my Treo Pro just last week and this app is better. Now I need a good Tasks app and a good podcatcher/media app. I was thinking about going back to the Treo to give the Pre a chance to catch up but the release of this app and the hacking news might just have me staying on the Pre.

I think the apps we need are going to come quickly.
nlowhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 09:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
New app "Evernote" just appeared.
yep.........Thats what I was waiting for.
SolarPlexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 09:17 PM   #30 (permalink)

FINALLY...I love evernote...I wasn't even expecting them to build this app. So far it works great for me.
hchavarria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 09:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Am trying to import Palm Memos into Evernote. Found this but it wants you to paste every note as a new file. Kaaraaazeee. I'm looking for an automated way to all of my 400 notes at once. What is wrong with Palm? It's like I'm in a parallel universe with a glitch in the matrix and Palm memopad never existed.

1. Launch the Palm Desktop for Windows application, if it is not already open.
2. From the User pulldown menu in the upper right corner of the screen, select the username of the data you want to export.
3. Open the Palm Desktop Memos component from which you want to export. You must be displaying the component to export from it.
4. From the File pulldown menu, select Export ...
5. In the Export window, choose these settings:

* File name: Pick a name for the exported file, and a location. It is usually best to store it in a separate folder from your other Palm Desktop data. You might want to create a new folder on the Windows Desktop for your exported data.
* Export type: Both comma-separated variable (.csv) and tab-delineated (.tab) formats can be imported into most other Personal Information Managers (PIMs), planners and spreadsheets. Also, you may be given the option to export your memos to individual text files (depending on your Palm Desktop version).
* Range: All (unless you only want to export items you have pre-selected by highlighting them)
* Click Export to begin the export.

For future reference, make sure you remember where you saved the exported data.
If exported to .csv, open that file with Excel or another spreadsheet program and paste each "row" as a new note into Evernote. If exported to .txt, use the "Auto Import Wizard" and point Evernote to the directory where all the .txt files were created.

Last edited by xenophonite; 06/11/2009 at 09:57 PM.
xenophonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 09:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

Awesome. Apps like Evernote are the only way to take notes (on any device) in my opinion.
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 09:57 PM   #33 (permalink)

I wonder if I can use this program to sync our grocery list? My wife and I used Goosync to sync Tasks and that's how we kept our Grocery list (and other things) updated. I might have her download Evernote also and use the same login.
BMIC50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 10:13 PM   #34 (permalink)

Wonderful news! I can't live without my Evernote.
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 10:29 PM   #35 (permalink)

Hey I'm new to this smatphone I just downloaded evernote installed set up user/pw but when launched all that happens is window saying "loading" let in run for a while but nothing any help appreicated
driver231610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 10:41 PM   #36 (permalink)

I think that I entered the password wrong on my first login attempt from my Pre, and I got the loading animation for a long time. I closed the program, reopened it, and entered my password (correctly!) when prompted, and Evernote loaded right away.
tempete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 10:48 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heberman View Post
I don't quite understand your problem. Is your note lost if you are not connected? Or does it just not appear until you are online?
Actually, I was skipping a step. When you either edit a note or create a new one, you need to hit the little folder icon in the lower left of the screen. That saves the note, either immediately if you're connected or into the pending updates list if you're not. In other words, a swipe-close is a discard when you don't hit the save button, or a simple close if you do.

It actually works nicely and gives a nice notification of saves when disconnected. It would be better to have more notification of a successful save when connected, however.

Of course, as I write this, the app won't connect at all, and so I'm guessing this is a server problem of some kind. Maybe all the Pre connecting at once.
Old 06/11/2009, 11:07 PM   #38 (permalink)

WARNING: I've accidentally deleted two notes now. I don't think this icons make much sense.

Here's what I did... I opened a note (long time Evernote user) and tried to zoom in on it (can't). You can't even scroll to the right (so, half the note is off the screen - it's a scan of an invoice).

So, I'm looking at a screen that has edit on left and trash on right... I click the edit icon and don't see the image there - bummer, was hoping maybe zoom or pan would be there... so, I see an X in the right corner and think it means "close"

WRONG - it deleted my scan - and lightning fast, it's gone from the web app as well. Now I will have to pull it out of my desktop version and get it back online - YIKES
wfcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 11:09 PM   #39 (permalink)

I'm having logging in problems too. Hopefully it will get fixed.
Old 06/11/2009, 11:12 PM   #40 (permalink)

So maybe I'm not completely clueless. I was trying to read the "Welcome to Evernote" note, and I couldn't get to the right side of the note. I just thought I was doing something wrong.

(I still allow for the possibility that I'm completely clueless.)
careless_smile is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0