webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > My beef with the App Catalog
My beef with the App Catalog

Old 06/11/2009, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Alright so I know that it is in beta so things like Pricing (lol how could they not show that? Yes I'm talking to you Connect4) and stuff should be forgiven for now, but seriously, the ratings are kinda a joke too.

Looking through some of the apps I decided to read some of the reviews and, sadly, too many played out like this:

1 Star
"We don't need this app we need games!"

1 Star
"Who would actually need this?!"

3 Stars
"When r they going to release the SDK so we ca make apps that are useful. Please this is not an app I need . Come on please ..we need games and fun stuff"

I mean seriously... Why would they take their time to deface the name of a product by giving it a low score just because they don't need/want/"aren't smart enough to use" this app. Palm really needs to add some filtration to their reviewing process.

Ok... my rant is done
lightofhonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 02:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

True. But I'd much rather them get things like Pricing information and Update Histories and stuff up and running before they work on the Reviews part. But I agree that it should be looked into.
JohnLBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 02:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

I disagree with the filtration, but i would be supportive of a flag option where if enough people flag the review as pointless and rude, it will be removed.
cashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 02:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashen View Post
I disagree with the filtration, but i would be supportive of a flag option where if enough people flag the review as pointless and rude, it will be removed.
That would work too lol but their score still effects the overall rating (ie: amazon reviews)
lightofhonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 02:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashen View Post
That makes more sense. And I imagine easier to implement.
JohnLBurger is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0