webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > How loud is the alarm app?
How loud is the alarm app?

Old 06/11/2009, 01:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

It takes a loudspeaker to wake me up. How would you rate the loudness of alarm sounds of alarm app?? Can it wake up a dead man ??
Old 06/11/2009, 01:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
It takes a loudspeaker to wake me up. How would you rate the loudness of alarm sounds of alarm app?? Can it wake up a dead man ??
I don't know.... it never woke me up lol *True Story*

I probably need to mess with it more, but for now I may need to invest in a alarm clock
lightofhonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 02:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Go to Myxer - Download Ringtones and More and download this Alarm Tone and sync it to your phone. Trust me. It will wake you up!

Myxer - This Will Wake You Up!
Old 06/11/2009, 06:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

I chose a custom MP3 for my alarm clock tone and it seems to depend on the volume of the Music player. The Clock/Alarm App is pretty basic (ie no independent volume control) but I'm sure many better ones will come along soon.

You can make it loud by maxing out the phone volume and using a loud MP3.

Ryan
rmcclelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

I use mine as an alarm clock with modified built-in tones with no issue. It wakes me up just fine. You can increase the volume of ringtones yourself, or download a set from Precentral pre-increased. See the Article titled Louder Palm Pre Ringtones (sorry, I don't have enough posts to put a URL in the post yet).

My only complaint against the Pre as an Alarm Clock with the default Clock app is that snooze is hard coded to 4 minutes, though more are sure to follow. Enjoy.
caseyatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm wondering why the alarm is in intervals. I'd like to be able to set my alarm to a specific times, not just "by fives".
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought it was quite loud. The annoying sound it makes, ringer, was pretty crazy. I have a hard time waking up, but believe this will do the trick.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Worked great for me.
wvdominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 07:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

How come it's not letting me DL off Myxer? When I try to send a "silent ringer" through my phone, it gives me an "an error occurred trying to play" message.

EDIT: Nvm, just got one from somewhere else and manually uploaded it to my phone through the comp.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 06/11/2009 at 07:39 AM.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 09:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
How come it's not letting me DL off Myxer? When I try to send a "silent ringer" through my phone, it gives me an "an error occurred trying to play" message.

EDIT: Nvm, just got one from somewhere else and manually uploaded it to my phone through the comp.
You can't download directly to the Pre... YET (There better be a fix coming soon!)

You need to download it to your computer as an MP3 and then email it to yourself and open it on your phone.
Old 06/11/2009, 09:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
ame

Does the Pre still have the old Palm Wake Up alarm tone?
ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2009, 09:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

was WAY too loud for me. Now changed the ringtone to vibrate and its just perfect
paulius is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0