Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    am i missing it pleas say the pre has spell check
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    or a better auto complete!
    with time.. i'm sure someone can/will implement aspell(a great free GNU spell checker) pidgen (the multiple IM client uses this)
    I find it ironic you had a typo in your message.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    my wife said i spell like i am in the 6th grade LOL i am lost with out it
    HAHA. well if you type "u" the pre automatically turns it into "you". it doesn't capitalizes it if its at a beginning of a sentence tho -_-'
    This is a feature I do miss a lot from my curve!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    This is a feature I do miss a lot from my curve!
    Yeah same here
    I hate auto-complete! Im glad its not here, hehe, must be cuz im a good speller =P
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    No offense to the previous poster, but usually the folks who dislike autocomplete/autocorrect are the ones who don't know how to make proper use of it.

It's interesting to note that while the corrections list is thousands of entries long, it seems to be a generic list designed for PC keyboards, not specifically for mobile keyboards. For example, as someone else discovered in the ROM file, it automatically corrects "p0enis." Look on your PC keyboard. 0 is right next to P, so it makes sense for it to autocorrect that typo- but on the Pre, there are no dedicated number keys! Not to beat a dead horse here, but it would be nice if it had iPhone-like proximity based autocorrect.