Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The slowness of the photo app is a definite annoyance.

And has anyone else noticed that you cannot resize an uploaded pic when making it a wallpaper? I had to stretch it to the size I wanted in the viewer, then take a screenshot when all of the menu icons went away and set the shot as my wallpaper. Worked just fine, but I thought it was weird.

But i must say the SPEED of the camera pretty much makes up for all of the above. I've really never seen anything like it on a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    I have about 600mb's worth of photos loaded on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Well, the way I had transferred my pix to my Pre was drag & drop the folder. Maybe if I use iTunes to load them on there, do you think it'll automatically resize them smaller so it'll load faster on the Pre?
    What resolution are the pics in? Maybe it is the size that makes the rendering slow. It's been said iTunes "optimize photos" does not work and you have to choose original size. I don't have a Pre yet but I plan on exporting pics to 1280x960.

Edit:
    Actually I'm going to try 3MP (2000x1500) because I figured this is about the iPhone/iPod Touch optimized equivalent.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/10/2009 at 05:50 PM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I agree, the time it takes to load each pic is absurdly slow.

The phone needs to use a more efficient scaling algorithm
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by sookibong View Post
    The slowness of the photo app is a definite annoyance.

And has anyone else noticed that you cannot resize an uploaded pic when making it a wallpaper? I had to stretch it to the size I wanted in the viewer, then take a screenshot when all of the menu icons went away and set the shot as my wallpaper. Worked just fine, but I thought it was weird.

But i must say the SPEED of the camera pretty much makes up for all of the above. I've really never seen anything like it on a phone.
    What is the screenshot key-combo again?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    What is the screenshot key-combo again?
    Orange Key + Sym + P
    It will save a screen shot in PNG and JPG format in a "screenshot" folder.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  6.    #26  
    I hope that with all this developer-mode stuff going on, that someone can figure out a setting to change to allow the Pre to buffer in the next image, or at least speed up the loading. Hell, pictures in the web browser load up faster than this application.
    I just want to be able to select what thumbnails ID a folder
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    It takes 1-2 seconds just to render the image from it's 'blurry' state to something that is useful. It makes the photo viewer totally useless in my opinion. No other phone I've used has done this. My HTC Touch started out very SLIGHTLY blurry, and sharpened up--but this looks like a 14.4K modem download, then pops into hi-res eventually.

Seems pretty bad to me, and I wonder if this is any kind of foreshadowing to capabilities of the Pre? Perhaps loading the image is too CPU/RAM intensive? I know the iPhone does this fine, which makes me think this is a bug.
    Did your HTC touch have a 3 megapixel camera on it?
    I agree, the photo app is to slow. Almost unusable...
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    its defintitely improved since the update. It was embarrassingly slow when showing pics to friends and family. Now its down to a minor annoyance
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Its a bit annoying that it shows embedded mp3 photos as part of the library. Wish I could turn that off..
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Did your HTC touch have a 3 megapixel camera on it?
    No but my Touch Pro did. It rendered instantly. This is clearly bad programming, as the device is more than capable.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I wish when I sync with Itunes, the categories would show up on the pre.....would make it easier to show pics
    I take a lot of pictures and i think this is the weakest aspect of the Pre.
    On my iPod Touch I loved how quick it changed from image to image.
    The speed of the Pre changing pictures and the slight blur makes me disappointed when im showing other people my pictures.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I just want to be able to select what thumbnails ID a folder
    Huge bump to this!
    Anyone have any workarounds?
    I wonder if the GPU not being utilized yet has anything to do with this? The pics are top notch though and I love this camera. Speed could be better but it's great for now.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    My biggest beef with the camera app is that it doesn't leave the last snapshot displayed on the screen! Would love to see it leave the last image there until you press the shutter button again. Everyone always wants to see the photo you just snapped of them! With the Pre, you have to press the photos button, wait for the photos app to come up, then press photo roll... takes forever!!!
  18. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Sure the pics app renders larger images a bit slowly. But calling it unusable is just silly. It renders a hell of a lot faster than you could drive home, move the pics to your computer, and view them there.

xtn
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Sure the pics app renders larger images a bit slowly. But calling it unusable is just silly. It renders a hell of a lot faster than you could drive home, move the pics to your computer, and view them there.

xtn
    Not really--I usually choose to view them at home, because it's terrible. I can't show my friends on the phone. I just don't understand how my slower, old HTC Touch could render them instantly...
    no 'Thanks'
    when ever i browse my pictures i see all system pics wonder if its something i did or is anyone having the same problem i am having?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast