1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I need this feature bad, had it on the treo and it was a life saver.

if you have some text in any applications, website, notes, tasks, calendar details or 3rd party app and the text is a series of numbers that are longer than 6 characters, you should be able to double tap it to call it automatically!

or at least highlight it and then choose call!
    Strangely enough, I get this in some applications and sites, but not in others.
  3. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Ha? What? Where?

I tried it in a bunch of places.. what action do you need to do to actually dial?
    In places where it works, it's underlined and blue like any regular link. I can't remember where I saw it, but I know at least one thing showed it like that. I want to say it was in the email app.
  5. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    well it's gotta be at least in Notes and Calendar, if not more places.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    In places where it works, it's underlined and blue like any regular link. I can't remember where I saw it, but I know at least one thing showed it like that. I want to say it was in the email app.
    In HTML, whether it's a webpage or an email, it's possible to make a phone number display as a clickable link - but that's done by the author of the page or email.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    In HTML, whether it's a webpage or an email, it's possible to make a phone number display as a clickable link - but that's done by the author of the page or email.
    Yes, but I know for a fact that I didn't put HTML code in for that, and it appears that way in my outgoing emails.

It doesn't dial directly but brings you to the dialpad with the number entered in.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    No - I went to my own website and added phone numbers. I could click2dial:

1-555-222-3333
    555-222-3333
    (555) 222-3333

I couldn't click dial 555-222-WORD
    I'm on my Pre now, the 4 numbers above are clickable. Click once to open the phone application with the number already filled in.