webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Email App - Swipe to delete?
Email App - Swipe to delete?

Old 06/09/2009, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

I am using Gmail IMAP and I noticed that I can remove messages from the inbox by swiping to the left or the right. I have mine set to move trash to my All Mail folder on Gmail, but when I swipe the messages away, it does not seem to be affecting them on the web based email (they remain in the Inbox). Is this the same thing as opening the message and pressing the delete icon in the bottom right?
WillJitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the same settings and have no problem with swiping. You intend to archive the messages right?
kaze0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2009, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaze0 View Post
I have the same settings and have no problem with swiping. You intend to archive the messages right?
Yep.
Old 06/09/2009, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just noticed something else strange. I got 3 new emails. I then went to the web interface and archived them. I pulled up the mail app on the phone, and those 3 emails are still listed in the inbox. I hit the refresh button, and they're still there. I clicked on the bar at the top that says "Inbox" and it says "Updated 2:33 PM" and it's now 3:03 PM. Is Gmail delayed or is something wrong with IMAP?
Old 06/11/2009, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

i had this issue in hotmail, but it seemed to fix it when i set it to sync deletes under email preferences. however, if you swipe the notification on the bottom, it doesnt seem to delete.
lldsandsll is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0