1.    #1  
    Is it possible to set up a number for a contact that will automatically dial the extension after waiting a certain number of seconds?

If so, how do I type that into the number field of the contact?

Thanks!
    this is a feature i have on my blackberry storm now and actually LOVE!!!

Actually, in calendar i set up a "meeting" at 4pm and then there is an option for a call in number and another field for an extension to dial.. it's great!! and i don't have to always remember extensions. Or 800 numbers for conference calls.
  3. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    YES, you can.. it works great. Just add the letter P between the 2 numbers, for example

212-555-1234p786
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    YES, you can.. it works great. Just add the letter P between the 2 numbers, for example

212-555-1234p786
    Hey thanks. But to be accurate, it does not automatically dial the second set of numbers for you, the numbers come on screen and you have to touch the screen - but still very handy. I could even set it for multiple sets, like so:

123-456-7890 p 234567 p 890

After the first set, the phone app will show:

Dial 234567p890

But after you tap that one you get:

Dial 890

This is all very useful for dialing in voicemail remotely. Thanks again for the tip.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I wonder if Palm will update this to have the extension dial automatically after the "pause", like it did on my Treo755P........ it would be nice especially if you are making calls while driving - hands free.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor77 View Post
    I wonder if Palm will update this to have the extension dial automatically after the "pause", like it did on my Treo755P........ it would be nice especially if you are making calls while driving - hands free.
    Yeah I hope they do add that. On my Blackberry, I could put a "w" instead of a "p" and it would wait a few seconds and then automatically enter it. I tried using a "w" on the Pre but it didn't work. :-(
    I just set mine up for a timed pause which is a t (lower case) each t seems to last about 2 seconds. The p is a hard pause and yes you have to touch the screen to initiate the numbers. I found the t a lot more useful as it will enter the remaining numbers without you having to touch the screen. You just have a to wait. On one number I had to enter 5 t's so that the timing was correct.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmit View Post
    I just set mine up for a timed pause which is a t (lower case) each t seems to last about 2 seconds. The p is a hard pause and yes you have to touch the screen to initiate the numbers. I found the t a lot more useful as it will enter the remaining numbers without you having to touch the screen. You just have a to wait. On one number I had to enter 5 t's so that the timing was correct.
    That's exactly what I was looking for! I just tested it and it works great. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Palmit!!! Thank you so much!!! Exactly what I need!! You surely prevented a traffic accident with that piece of info!!
    Glad to help!
    Thank you for the tip! I was Racking my Brain over this issue.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    This will work, but it won't help me when dealing with meeting invites containing conference call numbers formatted for Blackberries. Those have numbers of the form 1-555-555-1212x12345.

On my treo (680), I could tap that number to dial, and it would understand the x to be extension.

If the Pre needs it to be "t" or "p", I'll need to manually change them in order to be able to dial them easily.

Wish the Pre could handle the x as well...
    I had hell on the 680 dialing extensions, but it works on the Pre! I am regaining my sanity!

I ran my contacts through Outlook which formats extensions as: 555-555-1212 ext 123.

I went right through, although it didn't pause which I don't care if it isn't needed. I don't think it will recognize 'x' as extension, but needs to be 'ext'.