webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Google Latitudes
Google Latitudes

Old 06/08/2009, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

The Sprint guy actually talked me out of getting the Family Locator app from Spirit in favor of the free Google Latitudes. It is supposed to show me where my kids are based on their phones. We all have google maps, yet, I can't see or find the kids. Any suggestions? Otherwise I am going to pay the stupid $5 a month for Family Locator.

Thanks!
Octoberjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Google Latitude is a standard feature on most platform's Google Maps application. Unfortunately, the Pre has a very stripped down version of GMaps that does not include Latitude, Street View, and many other features available on iPhone, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, etc.

Presumably this will be updated soon. I agree with the sprint guy. Just wait, don't pay $5 a month.
Jayrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

they need to hurry up w/ the update I like the street view, and it would be a plus so that i can put my kids in latitudes......
udratherbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrot View Post
Google Latitude is a standard feature on most platform's Google Maps application. Unfortunately, the Pre has a very stripped down version of GMaps that does not include Latitude, Street View, and many other features available on iPhone, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, etc.

Presumably this will be updated soon. I agree with the sprint guy. Just wait, don't pay $5 a month.
I hate to wait as with summer rapidly approaching I need to keep track of them soon!
Octoberjewel is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0