Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm trying to connect to my office WiFi which uses PEAP-GTC. Just clicking on the name of the connection asks for a password but no username which just fails completely. If I manually add the connection and choose "Enterprise" security it asks for username/password, connects, looks happy for a few seconds, then says "Association Failed".

Any ideas?
    I've heard of WEP, WPA and WPA2. I've never heard of PEAP-GTC. It that really new?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    OK well never mind; it says "Association Failed" but it's nonetheless connected and working. Good enough for me!
  4.    #4  
    PEAP-GTC is one of the auth schemes used by 802.11x, which is WPA2 Enterprise.
    @readams: do you have the option to "forget network"? I believe I have a similar office configuration and was successful to set it up, but now with the association failure, it's cycling between connection and disconnection. Would like to get rid of it for now...
    cpester: I have the same problem with my wifi connection as well, getting "association failed" on a wpa2-personal (not enterprise). I was able to connect yesterday randomly, just left wifi on, on the PRE, and when I went to check it, i was connected. For some reason, I can't connect when I want to. BTW, i've never gotten the option to forget the network...what's the trick to getting to that? Any help from anyone would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by readams View Post
    I'm trying to connect to my office WiFi which uses PEAP-GTC. Just clicking on the name of the connection asks for a password but no username which just fails completely. If I manually add the connection and choose "Enterprise" security it asks for username/password, connects, looks happy for a few seconds, then says "Association Failed".

Any ideas?
    We use PEAP-MSCHAPv2 and I can't get my Pre to connect. We don't issue certs to the machines, and from a laptop I can manually configure and tell it not to use a cert. The Pre doesn't let me manually configure the WiFi so it doesn't work at this point. I wish there was a way to manually configure the connection.
    man, even the iPhone (ducks) can connect to PEAP at my work

I can't seem to find the certificate manager to double-check that mine is installed...
    The only way I could figure out how to open Certificate Manager was to email the cert to myself and click on it in the email. The cert is installed but I still can't connect to a WPA2-Enterprise network. Maybe an issue with it being self-signed?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Doesnt your cert have to be local on your machine part of your "profile". I'm just going by what I use on my windows machine. Our profile contains that certificate and thats how we are able to connect to our secured wi-fi hotspot. The profile uses Active Directory to authenticate us and changes when we change our network passwords. I highly dount any smart phone has the capabilty of authenticating to such
    The cert manager can be found in the device info app. If you launch device info, hit the 'more info' button and find 'certificate manager' on the menu ... It should let you install certs from file or view the install certs. I don't Pre lets you connect to a WiFi network which you don't have a server certificate for, which can be good in case someone is spoofing your WiFi network.

P.S. Yeah, installing certs via email is way easier than finding the cert manager
    Anyone having trouble connecting to an access point that uses PEAP-MSCHAPv2? I have tried everything I can think of but I just cant get it to work on the Pre...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I too am stuck. Can't even find the cert manager. We use an "equifax secure certificate authority". I was able to log on on my Nokia E71 no problem (well, it was a pain to set up once, but after that, no problem).
    Quote Originally Posted by xImtc View Post
    I too am stuck. Can't even find the cert manager. We use an "equifax secure certificate authority". I was able to log on on my Nokia E71 no problem (well, it was a pain to set up once, but after that, no problem).
    To get to the Cert Manager just go to "Device Info"
    Go down to the bottom of the page tap on "More Info" button
    Then tap on the "Preferences" tap up in the top left corner to open the menu
    And tap on Certificate manager

If certs work for you let me know. I tried two or three of them and still couldn't get things to work...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

I found a post on the Palm Forums stating the following:
    Ran a trace on the radius server and I'm guessing that the PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $requesting$ $EAP$/$MD5$ $instead$ $of$ $EAP$/$PEAP$. $I$ $know$ $that$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $auth$ $using$ $PEAP$, $but$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $be$ $trying$ $that$ $method$.

It appears to be a bug. Can anyone confirm that their PrPrPr&#$275$; $does$ $not$ $work$ $on$ $WPA$ $Enterprise$ $PEAP$ $networks$?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk5 View Post
    I found a post on the Palm Forums stating the following:
    I think we've been confirming this since day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I think we've been confirming this since day 1.
    Really?
    I have done multiple searches and never found anything referencing that post...?

Really?
    I have done multiple searches and never found anything referencing that post...?
    What I meant is that less people have it working, than those who HAVE peap working.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    To get to the Cert Manager just go to "Device Info"
    Go down to the bottom of the page tap on "More Info" button
    Then tap on the "Preferences" tap up in the top left corner to open the menu
    And tap on Certificate manager

If certs work for you let me know. I tried two or three of them and still couldn't get things to work...
    We use the "Equifax Secure Certificate Authority" for our PEAP network. Where would I go to "find" one like that for download to my phone. I just check that option on my laptop...
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    This thread seems to have gone dead. I'm just wondering if that's the case because there's a solution I missed. Maybe?!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast