webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > IMAP Exchange Calendar?
IMAP Exchange Calendar?

Old 06/08/2009, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

So until they can make my EAS work, I'm using IMAP for my work Exchange e-mail. Problems it that it doesn't import the calendar. When I go to add the account in the Calendar preferences and accounts it tells me that I already have that account setup in e-mail. Grrr. Any advise before I Google Sync my work exchange to my personal Gmail calendar?

-Green
greenhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

IMAP is an email protocol. You won't be able to use it for your calendar.
ADGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Than why does it give you the option in adding calendar accounts to select POP, IMAP or EAS? Since POP and IMAP are both email protocals, why is there even an option in calendar? I think it is misleading and frustrating as I had the same problem as greenhand.
Octoberjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

i had this problem and was very angry and of course our IT department had no idea what to do since you cant really change any settings since the OS sets everything up automatically.
long story short- I literally deleted my exchange account from the phone and was forced to use just gmail and have exchange forward to gmail.........BUT WAIT
SOLUTION- I just thought perhaps going into calendar and trying to add exchange since it had been deleted (and it wouldnt tell me an account already exists) which I did and low and behold it works perfectly, email, calendars, tasks.........
i have no idea why, but when i first got the phone and it asked for email during setup it didnt work!
zsd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberjewel View Post
Than why does it give you the option in adding calendar accounts to select POP, IMAP or EAS? Since POP and IMAP are both email protocals, why is there even an option in calendar? I think it is misleading and frustrating as I had the same problem as greenhand.
No idea. You would have to ask Palm.
ADGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 12:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsd9 View Post
i had this problem and was very angry and of course our IT department had no idea what to do since you cant really change any settings since the OS sets everything up automatically.
long story short- I literally deleted my exchange account from the phone and was forced to use just gmail and have exchange forward to gmail.........BUT WAIT
SOLUTION- I just thought perhaps going into calendar and trying to add exchange since it had been deleted (and it wouldnt tell me an account already exists) which I did and low and behold it works perfectly, email, calendars, tasks.........
i have no idea why, but when i first got the phone and it asked for email during setup it didnt work!
Are you on an EAS? I wonder if that would work with my MSN account, which the email app thinks is POP mail...

Last edited by Octoberjewel; 06/08/2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Hit send too quick - too much coffee this morning :)
Octoberjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
But your Exchange account is a 'EAS' account, now an 'IMAP' account, correct?
greenhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 03:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
So originally when you setup your first EAS what happened, an error message or it synced but all you had was empty folders?

And now you have your mail going threw gmail and your calender threw EAS?
MLJones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Im not that tech savy but what first happened was I got the most random folders synced to my pre through my email.
reading emails and deleting them did nothing though when i checked my email on a computer
under login settings currently it is an EAS account. I remember before when I first set it up it was listed as an IMAP account.
no idea why that happened.
no error messages were recieved when I first registered- although under calendar and accounts- my exchange account was not listed. I then tried to add it but it said an email address is already in use with this account.
hope this helps
all i can say is remove your account- and then just readd it.
zsd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0