webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Love the Phone lock feature
Love the Phone lock feature

Old 06/07/2009, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

I decided to turn on the phone lock where you have to enter a pin to unlock the phone. Was hesitant to do this at first thinking you have to open the keyboard, but the pin pad comes up on the screen and its real quick.

Personally I would highly recommend locking it with everyones e-mail/contacts synced up.
DNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks, I've been locking it, but didn't even think to try the Pin cause I thought it would require me to slide the keyboard out.. Nice...

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
Palm Pre
Bigchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

I can't find this someone help. D:

edit: Nevermind, awesome, thanks.
Fadakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2009, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I love the lock feature too, but when I lock my phone I am disconnected from chat until I unlock it so I am constantly signing on and off. Any idea how to fix this?! (Note, I am sure this happens when on wifi, not positive if it happens on 3G. It could just be because the wifi disconnects when it's locked)
thekungfuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2009, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekungfuman View Post
I love the lock feature too, but when I lock my phone I am disconnected from chat until I unlock it so I am constantly signing on and off. Any idea how to fix this?! (Note, I am sure this happens when on wifi, not positive if it happens on 3G. It could just be because the wifi disconnects when it's locked)
I was right. If you're on wireless when you lock the phone it disconnects from wireless and doesn't necessarily switch back to 3g (my office has god awful reception) but if you have 3g it stays connected when the phone is locked. Thanks... me. :-P

Palm: make sure if we lock our phone when it's on wifi it switches to 3g for us!
thekungfuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2009, 01:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Good feature, i use it too I wonder if this can be replaced with gesture lock like the android phones?
prekent is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0