webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Photo app - lag in viewing pictures
Photo app - lag in viewing pictures

Old 06/07/2009, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Is anyone else experiencing a lag when swiping a picture? On mine, there's a couple-second delay between when the fuzzy version first appears to when a picture resolves. At first, I thought the fuzzy version was how my Pre was taking pictures, because I kept flipping to new pictures looking for a clear one.

It's a bummer so far, because the camera is so darn quick at taking pictures. One of my favorite things about the Pre so far.
Old 06/07/2009, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes, this is normal. The camera takes really quick pics, but takes a second or two to render them in the picture viewer.
9 Inch Pre Niss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

I see the same. I hope we see a 3rd party picture viewer soon, the in-ROM one is pretty lame:

- laggy display (yes, decoding jpg is compute intensive. Good programs pre-decode the next image while you're looking at the current one).

- no slide show

- no way to sort albums. (What IS the sort order? I think it might be mod date or creation date.
dwhitman is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0