Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I'm so jealus at how iPhones just read hebrew websites, emails and documents out of the box...

At this day and age, do we really need an excuse to add more fonts to a device? am I low on memory or something??
    What? No Hebrew support? Oy vey!!!!
  3. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Oy vey indeed...
    Foreign language support does seem to be a weak point.

I'm interested in Japanese support, and people say that at least works in the browser (although there are conflicting reports on whether it works anywhere else). But if Japanese works anywhere for anyone, they must have the characters in the font. Hebrew would be nothing to add compared to that (a lot fewer characters!).
  5. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I'm so angry, Apple just announced they'll have Hebrew support and even a keyboard on OS3
    It's because Palm is anti-semitic, IMO.
    So am I after reading that this is a complaint about such a fantastic phone. : ( 5 days after launch and your mad your pre doesn't speak hebrew?!?!?!?
    funny, i was just thinking about this the other day too when I opened up an email with hebrew writing and got gibberish. I'm hopeful that at least hebrew fonts will be included in future updates. As for the hebrew keyboard support that apple added... i really don't care cause I respond in english or at least hebrew transliteration.

Be'atzlacha v' kol tuv

p.s: I would still take a Pre over an iphone any day of the week (except on shabbat, j/k!).
    i think hebrew support will be added to it closer to its release in its gsm version.
    Pelephone one of the israeli carriers said it would bring it here so i assume they will take care of this point.

funny note about them is that they used to run CDMA network and now they are pushing their high speed gsm network..
    No Ivrit yet? That's a shame. I remember when Palm OS 5 came out and broke Herbew support. Much kvetching ensued.

Still, I suspect we'll see it eventually.
    shalom alehem. trying to hit 15 posts so i can pm =)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbwlover View Post
    It's because Palm is anti-semitic, IMO.
    isnt the CEO a jew?
    Being as the phone isn't sold in the middle east yet I'm thinking Hebrew support might be a bit off. Ya it might be nice for a few people but 99% of the current Pre/Web OS market will not care.
    and don't forget that the phone was released on Shabbat so no jews would be able to buy it... shame on you palm.... (j/k)
    LOL This jew was a bad jew on Shabbat bc I was invited to the launch party and went to purchase my baby tinok...

I hope Hashem forgives me lol
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    cant seem to display arabic on the pre. what a bummer.
    all my ifriends are still bragging that they have an arabic keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    p.s: I would still take a Pre over an iphone any day of the week (except on shabbat, j/k!).
    Now that is funny .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Wow this thread danced on the line of offensive. Except, as I often forget, it's ok when "we" say it. Yeah, another member of the Tribe here. Also a bad Jew - bought my Pre on the Sabbath, and drove there no less.
    Had mine put aside for Sunday morning
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    My store would not put one aside for me. I had to wait until Wednesday.
    How can we let Palm know about our interest in Hebrew support?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast