webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > PC App for editing contacts?
PC App for editing contacts?

Old 06/06/2009, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

With the million contacts I have to manage on this thing, I'd really like to be able to merge, link, and delete them on a PC to save time. Is there a desktop app for this?
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

bump
Old 06/22/2009, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

I really need this.

Also, I'm tired of texting people in my area code who's numbers don't have my area code explicitly entered in my phone book...it gives me an error message that it couldn't send.

I wish there were a way to say "if there is no area code, assume it's THIS"
Old 06/22/2009, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

I edit all of my contacts directly in Gmail, use the contact editor there. It works great. Then they'll automatically sync to your phone. I even add pictures for my contacts straight to Gmail and then they sync to my phone as well.
s0urce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
I really need this. Also, I'm tired of texting people in my area code who's numbers don't have my area code explicitly entered in my phone book...it gives me an error message that it couldn't send.
You need to edit your contacts in whatever place they exist in the "cloud." These changes will then be synced with the Pre.....that is your desktop application solution.
ryleyinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2009, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Gmail and EAS both work well for this.
oddlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2009, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
Gmail and EAS both work well for this.
If I might clarify what oddlou is saying in regards to EAS.....

EAS stands for Exchange Active Sync. This is really just a application running on/with IIS and Exchange in the Company domain. So it's not really a program that you have access to. I think what he is referring to is Outlook (or Outlook Web Access) which provides access to your contacts (for editing) on the Exchange server and, via EAS, sync those changes back to/with your Pre.
ryleyinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2009, 11:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

for mac you can use address book, export, and import to google. it will sync with pre
ekinnyc#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/28/2009, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well, I primarily run linux, so I tried doing the contact editing in gmail directly...but it only lists email addresses and not phone numbers.

The spring techs screwed up when I got my stuff transferred over, so I have 5 duplicates of each person which is very annoying, to say the least. i really need a solution here, as I have about 1000 contacts and don't feel like doing it on the phone itself.
Old 06/28/2009, 09:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
Well, I primarily run linux, so I tried doing the contact editing in gmail directly...but it only lists email addresses and not phone numbers.

The spring techs screwed up when I got my stuff transferred over, so I have 5 duplicates of each person which is very annoying, to say the least. i really need a solution here, as I have about 1000 contacts and don't feel like doing it on the phone itself.
Use one of the sync apps int he app catalog to sync with outlook
mdmogren is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0