Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, maybe I'm dumb, but I don't see anywhere to customize the SMS tones.

I loved the crazy level of customization with my BB, but you think that the Pre would do the same. Anyone have any clues?

Thanks,

Nate
    can't be done. i also miss this from my blackberry.
    I just logged in to ask the exact same question...

There's really no way to change the SMS sound?
    As of now No, there is no way to change the sounds for sms, mms, or email. There will either be an update or a 3rd party app that will allow this. But for now the default sound is the only one.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hesse View Post
    As of now No, there is no way to change the sounds for sms, mms, or email. There will either be an update or a 3rd party app that will allow this. But for now the default sound is the only one.
    And you know this how?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    And you know this how?
    cause he's the CEO ........ duh
    If you have a Pre, then you can see for yourself that there isn't an options to change the ringer type...only volume.
    It's crazy they didn't include at least SOME options, like assigning different tones for different apps, even if you couldn't go any deeper than that. I can live with one ringtone for all contacts (sigh) but I would like a different one for sms and alarms. CALLING ALL DEVELOPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    It'll happen...I have a strong feeling you'll see a lot of options roll out as OTA updates....lots.
    You can change the ringtone! When you are editing your phone book theres the section that says set ringtone. Press that and your set!
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid_MTB View Post
    You can change the ringtone! When you are editing your phone book theres the section that says set ringtone. Press that and your set!
    yeah, but we/I want to change it specifically for the SMS notifications. I too am shocked at how much of a lack of options we have. I mean, I expected 1.0 issues, but this stuff is basic.

and yes, we will hopefully get OTA updates, but still... how long will it take Palm? I understand the limited release now...
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    yeah, but we/I want to change it specifically for the SMS notifications. I too am shocked at how much of a lack of options we have. I mean, I expected 1.0 issues, but this stuff is basic.

and yes, we will hopefully get OTA updates, but still... how long will it take Palm? I understand the limited release now...
    Welcome to the "Limited Release Beta Testers Program" lol They didn't tell you it was a limited release to work out the bugs and get a TON of feedback? They'll be sold out for a few days while they get the next OS update ready
    Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    Welcome to the "Limited Release Beta Testers Program" lol They didn't tell you it was a limited release to work out the bugs and get a TON of feedback? They'll be sold out for a few days while they get the next OS update ready
    I knew that in the back of my head, it's why I avoid 1.0 products. But this was calling to me. To be honest, I would have gladly signed up for a beta program. Maybe offer me a free touchstone or something.

I would be less annoyed if they truly set up some kind of bug tracking/feedback system.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    I knew that in the back of my head, it's why I avoid 1.0 products. But this was calling to me. To be honest, I would have gladly signed up for a beta program. Maybe offer me a free touchstone or something.

I would be less annoyed if they truly set up some kind of bug tracking/feedback system.
    I completely agree with ya. The pretty shiny new toys always get me to buy full aware that the product might not be so hot for awhile...early adopter syndrome I guess.

I like to think people from Palm are on here, reading these threads and saying, "Oh, we didn't think about that." and "That's a good idea, let's add that to the next update." haha
    Brandon
    Sprint is developing a dedicated App for ringtones for the Pre. So we will be able to get rid of the polyphonic/ grandma tones and get some real content on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    hahaha Too true. I read somewhere on one of these threads that people these days are all too content to live in a Beta society that views unpolished product releases not only as expected, but acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whodey34 View Post
    Sprint is developing a dedicated App for ringtones for the Pre. So we will be able to get rid of the polyphonic/ grandma tones and get some real content on the phone.
    you can do that now, just put some mp3s or wavs in your ringtones folder and they will show up in your choices list
    THis doesn't bother me as much as not being able to do one button dialing...
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
    THis doesn't bother me as much as not being able to do one button dialing...
    Uhm, maybe I'm not undertanding what you mean, but it does have one button dialing. I've only set up my wife's profile for it, but it works fairly well.
    Now that we have rooted Pres, is there a file or database entry somewhere we can update to change the ringtone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast