Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just the quick swipe up brinks the launcher. We dont need TWO ways to beink it up. I could really use taht spot for another app
  2.    #2  
    Who agrees
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I think it's for the noobs/less saavy users. Maybe in a year with a 2.0 update that option will be added. I mean people are already talking about the "learning curve" on this thing
  4.    #4  
    bump!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I would just like more room to add more apps. I am looking at the home screen now, and 80% of the screen is not used. Give me the option to add a vertical side bar, or something so I can have more than 4 apps.
    Makes sense to me.

On my 755p, I can get to 12 of my most used apps using only the 3 hard buttons (using Aardquick launcher, can add up to 5 apps per button, accessed simply by hitting the button multiple times). Accessing the same 12 apps on the Pre would take more keypresses, and more complication.

Just one more (of many) examples of where the Pre isn't quite finished yet, and how it forces you to adapt to it, instead of letting you customize it to adapt to you.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I can understand wanting that and I did as well until I starting using the keyboard more and the universal search. I have found myself almost exclusively using the keyboard now to get to apps.
    Just type a u and there is updates etc. I really like that.
    Having one more space would be nice but I personally like the open home screen. If they change it, I hope it's an option and not an interface change perse.
    I'd imagine that we will eventually be given the option to add and take away all icons from the launcher. That would make sense if you were more interested in getting to SMS messages instead of email or something similar.
    I agree, let us move that launcher app.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Just the quick swipe up brinks the launcher. We dont need TWO ways to beink it up. I could really use taht spot for another app
    I agree completely. The iPhone shows 20apps on the home page and we see 4apps and lots of nothing. They really need to let us change that 5th icon, and while their at it then fill the empty space with an agenda page with todays calendar, tasks and weather.
    Last edited by Urkel; 06/09/2009 at 07:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I agree completely. The iPhone shows 20apps on the home page and we see 4apps and lots of nothing. They really need to let us change that 5th icon, and while their at it then fill the empty space with an agenda page with todays calendar, tasks and weather.
    What empty area? Mine always has open apps in that area. Maybe we just need a "Today" card app.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I wish there was more space on the dock, but I do like that the launcher app is there. That way if I am in an app I can bring it up through the wave dock without having to go back to card view first.
    So, what WebOS needs to do is look like WinMo or iPhone?
    i agree i always swipe up anyway...id like another spot for an app of my choice
    To me its like the Finder icon on a mac. Its always in your dock in the same place so you can instinctively go for it. Its what lets you easily get back to the launcher where you change settings and icons and apps incase you can't find something. It makes sense from a design standpoint.
    Am I the only one that likes looking at an uncluttered "desktop"? I agree that I would love to be able to change the 5th icon, but I love being able to open the phone and see my background even more. Apps are only a keyboard click away.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    So, what WebOS needs to do is look like WinMo or iPhone?
    that's kind of what I was thinking, excluding the OP
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    Am I the only one that likes looking at an uncluttered "desktop"? I agree that I would love to be able to change the 5th icon, but I love being able to open the phone and see my background even more. Apps are only a keyboard click away.
    no. I agree with you. Some people have their desktop PC completely covered in files and shortcuts, and I think man, how can you find anything. I like the much cleaner, 1 row of icons on my desktop.
    I really hope the WebOS people don't listen to these ideas- if they do the phone will quickly go down hill.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    What empty area? Mine always has open apps in that area. Maybe we just need a "Today" card app.
    I agree we should get rid of the Launcher. And I love the idea of a Today card app. That would do it for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast