webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Google contact problem!!
Google contact problem!!

Old 06/06/2009, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

I got my pre today (I like it a lot so far) the only thing is that it syncs ALL my google contacts. Does any one know of a way to just sync the "My Contact group?" Thanks for any help!
mp823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't have one, but from what other people and the reviews have been saying, you can't. You could go into google and delete them but that would take really long, and any time you send an email to someone it would be added back in.

The "solution" is to just use universal search. Just start typing the name you want to call and it should pop up.
AllWires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

This was discussed at length a couple weeks ago and it was confirmed that it will only sync all contacts. Hopefully a software update will change this behavior.
gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

how do you merge google contacts on your phone? I know how to do it online but it woukd be nice if you can do it on your phone everytime you come across a contact with 2 google profiles or duplicate . Cuz I used to use exchange with my winmo then I switched to google contacts
Oo Batman oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

i made another email exported just my contacts and synced it with that... solved my issue

it grouped 140 contacts under one name which i had to manually unlink annoying but its all good now
wowthatisrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp823 View Post
I got my pre today (I like it a lot so far) the only thing is that it syncs ALL my google contacts. Does any one know of a way to just sync the "My Contact group?" Thanks for any help!
Forum etiquette is that you DO NOT CROSS POST. Just because someone didn't answer your first post doesn't mean you spam the forums.
Old 06/06/2009, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
Forum etiquette is that you DO NOT CROSS POST. Just because someone didn't answer your first post doesn't mean you spam the forums.
meow

Holland Photo Studio
dutchtrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0