Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    How can that be? If you read Walt Mossberg's Pre Review, he says there is currently no Facebook app. I hope that's corrected by launch!!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I'd say consider the source. Walt Mossberg's tech/gadget reviews seem more and more like they're aimed at the crowd that gathers at the local senior citizen center for lunch.

Imagine the scene, they get a guest speaker one day each week, but everyone present is more interested in eating their chicken salad and talking with their friends.
    pretty sure i see it in dieters video...second page of apps (though the page that opens when he swipes up the first time at 1:51) in the bottom left..
    That icon is the Pandora app I believe. Don't fret, it will come.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    He's wrong.

Disturbing that he missed something like that.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    There seems to be Facebook integration but not an actual app, right? The "app" on Dieter's video is a webpage bookmark. Think initially you have to enter info on Facebook via the browser. A Reuters article states this (it in the NYT thread just posted).
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I cant believe there is no facebook app on launch.

Think about all the leaks and reviews. Never once did we say facebook up.
    Dude, that sucks. I use MySpace primarily, but just signed up for Facebook because I thought the Pre had an app for it. I think Facebook's UI is a confusing mess, so I'll be a little annoyed if I joined for nothing.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard

This picture is from back at CES. I'd find it hard to believe they dropped support since then. Maybe it's just not finished yet.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Well we know it will come for sure...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Could that shot be just iphone.facebook.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by AdidasNYR View Post
    Could that shot be just iphone.facebook.com?
    If you notice, where the application menu is (top left corner) it says "Facebook."

The web browser always just says "Web" there.
    I have to say despite how much I'm on facebook all the time I don't mind if there isn't an app for it. I had the one for my 755 and liked doing it through the brower better. I'm on internet all day with my phone and Facebook is just one thing I do. I don't see the problem IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you notice, where the application menu is (top left corner) it says "Facebook."

The web browser always just says "Web" there.
    Is is possible that if you make a web page a web app or whatever they call it that it would say that? I think I could live with the web app (just like I had to on the iPhone), but I would prefer a native application very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    Is is possible that if you make a web page a web app or whatever they call it that it would say that? I think I could live with the web app (just like I had to on the iPhone), but I would prefer a native application very soon.
    Nope, that is definitely a dedicated app. Now if it is available at launch is another question?!?!??
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Nope, that is definitely a dedicated app. Now if it is available at launch is another question?!?!??
    What makes you think this is not a web shortcut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

This picture is from back at CES. I'd find it hard to believe they dropped support since then. Maybe it's just not finished yet.
    Maybe not - I mean it took the WM team a loooong time to finally get on eout.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  18. Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    How can that be? If you read Walt Mossberg's Pre Review, he says there is currently no Facebook app. I hope that's corrected by launch!!
    I was surprised to read that too. I checked a lot of other reviews and there is no Facebook app, which is a big disappointment because after their appearance at the unveiling and the pictures of the Facebook advert set I was really hoping for a fully featured app.
    That can't be right:
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Walt takes drugs for a living.. don't mind him.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast